313-313

car head lights on my IP cam

I have several AV5105DN cameras looking at 3 entrances to a gas station. During the day I get a clear pictures of license plates but at night the car head lights kind of ruins the image.The head lights show up as two huge white spots and cannot see the license plate at all. Is there a way to correct this problem.

Also, you can try place direct light source as possible near the camera. Number plates reflect light back to the "source".

But, be careful with light source power. If it too much, you will see white plate without any numbers....

But...

That only "things"...

Arecont cameras has very bad dynamic range....

But try that

I don't think there is any camera in this planet which has a dynamic range wide enough to handle such situation ( and the " eclipse " effect is the inherent feature of CMOS sensor) .

just like shropna said. the choice for solution is quite limited:

1) try to move the position of the camera. the angle between the axis of camera and the vector of car movement should be larger than 30 degree. ( of course can't be larger than 45 degree, otherwise, you will have trouble to get good number plate image).

2) try to use "in line" illumination, attached an illuminator beside the camera ( visible one or IR one whatever).

3)be careful with the shutter speed, keep it fast enough, for a gas station, 1/200 sec. should be OK.