knighty

diginet, setting off remote alarm on motion detection ?

I have a 3 camera system setup and work, I'll be adding more cameras soon so I'll have 8

I can view the cctv footage of work with the diginet software at home

but what I really want is to have it set off an alarm (play loud music etc..) in my home if it picks up motion detection between certain hours like 11pm to 6am

that way if motion is detected, I can remotely view, see what's going on, and phone the police if needed...

we had 6 break ins a while back, all in a row... they stopped as soon as I installed the cameras... but I'm worried they might try to break in again....

does anyone know how i can setup this remote alarm ?

I have the diginet emergency monitor software, but I can't or access any kind of options ?

I'd be happy to leave the remote viewing software running 24/7 on an old computer in the corner... but I can't any way to have it make noise on motion detection ?

For this to work consistently you will want to use a motion detector. You will need an I/O card for that.

won't the motion detection be good enough ?

I'm not worried about a few false alarms as long as it's not all of the time.... I can log in and check the live footage from the cameras before I phone the police / race into work etc. etc.

I don't think you will be satisfied with the results. Many MANY false alarms. Even if you turn down the sensitivity. A motion detector would be well worth your time and money.

A motion detector would be well worth your time and money.

+1.

Use a PIR motion sensor. Crow and Optex are good choices.

Best,

Christopher

You get something like this:

126896_1.gif

It's a PCI card that goes into your computer. The software will recognize it.

You would connect your motion detector to an input, and a relay to an output to turn on music or sirens. You could switch on anything with the right relay.

Then in the software you would set it to do this logically:

If input1 goes on, turn on output1.

In other words, when PIR motion is ON, turn ON siren.

sorry I must be missing something

I'm struggling with how to get the signal from the motion detector thing that's at work, to set off an alarm on my home pc ?

You need the KIO-1616 and PCI slot Input. You can contact sales@saysecurity.com for a price.

Does exacq support IO boards such as the KIO-1616?

Best' date='

Christopher[/quote']

Not sure. We have never tested with them.

J

I don't think a motion detector is necessary. Most softwares can give you valid alarm information when there is motion detected in the video. In our software, you can even get email, SMS, log information and video pop up etc when motion alarm is triggered. How to get valid alarm information? Adjust sensitivity is only one of the ways. Besides, you can draw an area and adjust a suitable threshold. And you can set motion detection remotely, even via WAN.

The card Birdman Adam mentioned there, is mostly used for watch dog function. There is no need to pay for it though it's not expensive.

I don't think a motion detector is necessary. Most softwares can give you valid alarm information when there is motion detected in the video.

I have a camera and PIRs aimed at a concrete driveway with large trees on the side. On sunny windy days, the tree shadows dance a jig on the concrete. The Optex PIR motion sensors are never never ever ever confused. Never a false due to high contrast moving tree shadows. And when someone walks up the drive way, bingo, the PIRs always pick them up, day or night! Which video motion detector can match that accuracy?

Best,

Christopher

Look, you add some conditions like "On sunny windy days". In fact, what i was talking about was indoor alarm and a small part of outdoor alarm. Maybe I should say "I don't think a motion detector is necessary in this situation".

I mean, most of the times, motion detector is not necessary if you can accept a few false alarms. However, i didn't say they are useless.

... i was talking about was indoor alarm ...

Yeah, I was thinking outdoor, but on second read, I think you're right, the OP may be referring to indoor.

Best,

Christopher

I have some of each, some indoor cameras and some outdoor.... and I'm happy to add a pir sensor and the card needed for it for the outdoor cameras after you guys have recommended them....

but I still can;t work out how to have it set an alarm off on my home pc ? even if I could get it to play a song loud that would do ? - I could set it up on an old laptop with nothing else on and a couple of speakers turned right up......... but I still have no idea how to get it to work ?