What's best:

25fps CIF or 6fps D1?

Cheers

CIF is less likely to offer recognition evidence for use in court due to the reduced resolution.

Without knowing the details I would say go for D1

Ilkie

I have a 4 camera setup as shown in the picture and am unhappy with the quality of the recording, its currently CIF@25fps. I want to be able to make a facial recognition, which is just about do-able with CIF.

For the distances the camera's cover would it make much of a difference upgrading to D1@6fps or should I stick with what I have?

cctv.JPG.0e4245e330a08b11176108aba8a6670a.JPG

i would go D1. try it and see. you don't need to have such high frame rate, 6fps would be bareable.....just.

i would go D1. try it and see. you don't need to have such high frame rate, 6fps would be bareable.....just.

Agreed, can you change or adjust the zoom on the lens on the Front door cameras. It could do with zooming in a a little.

Also the Front camera is slightly too high, tilt it down a bit so that you lose most of the buildings opposite.

Ilkie

Well I currently have CIF so going to D1 would mean a new DVR, the pictures look acceptable when in a small square but when you enlarge them they just look awful.

Think I am jsut trying to find an excuse why I 'need' a new dvr!!

You know what, they have been like that for years and until you said it, I never noticed, but you're right, they do need adjusting!