Mac B

Bosch CCTV PTZ Spinning out of Control

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone has seen this problem before.

We just installed Bosch Vidos CCTVsystem using Analog cameras, Bosch Bosch Encoders, Bosch Decoders, and Bosch keypads. When we attempt to control the PTZ camera, the camera will continue to rotate even though the user has stopped.

Obviously, this is unacceptable and any help would be appreciated.

Thx,

Mac B

Hi

First, I am no tech and can not offer you much. I have had the same problem with a ptz when I tried to operate the cam with the DVR based software. But...when I used the joystick, the cam would turn slow but lose video. I changed the power supply to one with more juice and my problems went away.

Could be I just got lucky.

Good Luck

How are the analog PTZs hooked up?

Are they connected to the encoders? What protocol is the encoder set to?

How does it move in the webpage?

Did you put the 120 ohm resistor at the camera?

have you wired them as 485, or biphase

i had similiar problem when i used 485, when it started spinning i just turned camera other way and they have been ok since

Is all the equipment interconnected using just coax or is it going over a fibre network?

Whichever method of interconnect is employed, the problem could be due to termination problems with the RS485/RS422 Bus, asuming that is what has been used.

You may find that if you pull one side of the RS485/422 bus to ground via a 120 resistor the problem with go away. (if you try -ve side first and it makes no difference, then move the resistor to the +ve side and try again). This problem can arise due to differential noise on the bus which wont be enough to cross the threshold of the bus receiver circuits untill a real signal is applied (activating the PTZ control), once that happens the noise level increaes very sightly or the hysteresis of the reciever (Im not sure which) means that the noise is now permanently seen causing the camera to continuosly move around.

Give QOS on the network to the video traffic. If you can't do that you have answered your question. Your switch is not good enough for an IP video system. The problem is that the data telling the camera to stop moving is not getting to the camera. Data is sent via UDP and is fire and forget. If the packet collides on the network it is dropped. My bet is that you also have crappy video.