kaysadeya

High-quality Board Cameras

Does anyone know of a high-quality board camera that has an AI lens and IR cut filter? I haven't seen any, but they must exist somewhere or Sanyo and ProVideo wouldn't be able to build domes with these features.

i dont think its sony ..

MEanwhile, I just received a PDF from eclipse where they have a 480TVL, 0.03 Lux Day Night (probably Super Had as it doesnt say Exview) 3.6mm 1/4" Lens .. if you are interested let me know by email.

Rory

It has a Sony Chip. Sony doesnt make board cameras like that. They only make the full modules like are used in PTZ, etc.

That just means it has an electronic Iris, meaning the camera makes all the adjustments. They are just trying to make it sound good. No camera has auto iris, the lens is what has the auto iris, and those mini lenses dont have auto iris.

kaysadeya,

ditto rory's last posting.

Where the spec shows an AES (Automatic Electronic Shutter or EI Electronic Iris) range of shutter speeds from 1/60th > 1/100,000th of a second, they are not designed to accept auto iris lenses.

If you fit a good quality manual iris lens on to the 'CS' mount board camera, provided you have sufficient illumination for low light use, you can set the aperture (iris) to perhaps f2.8, and the variable shutter will take care of the exposure under all lighting conditions.

Using this arrangement, you'll have very crisp images of moving objects during daylight hours.

Where the spec shows an AES (Automatic Electronic Shutter or EI Electronic Iris) range of shutter speeds from 1/60th > 1/100,000th of a second, they are not designed to accept auto iris lenses.

The specs for my Samsung 721 say:

Electronic Shutter Speed:

NTSC : AUTO (1/60 ~ 1/200,000 sec), MANUAL (1/60 ~ 1/200,000sec)

Iris Mode:

ESC / Video Drive / DC Drive

So I'm not sure mention of an electronic shutter is a tipoff. Maybe mention of an 'EI Electronic Iris' is the red flag to look for.

So the quest continues: Where can I find a board camera with both an IR cut filter and (support for) an AI lens?

The iris mode 'ESC' and Electronic Shutter Speed : NTSC AUTO would confirm that it's Electronic Iris, as opposed to Electronic Shutter which may simply be the option of manually setting a fixed shutter speed.

I'm sure I've come across an AI lens on a PCB camera not that long ago, but I can't for the life of me remember where I've seen it. Bit late to be looking tonight, but I'll have a trawl through my files over the next day or so.

If I find anything, I'll let you know.