davey_fl

looking for cheap ($250) ip cam with pan/tilt, wireless.

the quality doesn't have to be great. I was about to buy a Panasonic Bl-C131a to give you an idea of level of camera, just wanting to know if there are others to consider in this price range. thx

davey

If quality is not an issue, check out Foscam at http://www.foscam.com/ There's many people that have bought these, I have 2, they will do what you want for $80, give you PT, built in illuminators, best quality you can get from Shenzhen, China, which is not saying much.

Guys, do you use your Foscam camera outside in the dark? I bought one and it does not wotk in area of 50m. I hoped it would at least work for items in range of 10-15m.

Maybe I should cover dark-detector/sensor (however it is in english)?

Guys, do you use your Foscam camera outside in the dark? I bought one and it does not wotk in area of 50m. I hoped it would at least work for items in range of 10-15m.

50m with those crappy IRs...? No way, those cameras and those IRs are mainly for use indoors...

- Night vision (up to 8 meters) via auto IR-LED illumination

HAHAHAHA, good one, 50M. A decent IR Illuminator that can cover a distance of 50M will probably cost you $800+. Also, what can you even make out at 50m with poor optics, fixed 4mm lens and VGA resolution? Think about it, a person at that distance may be 10 pixels tall, with his head being only 2 pixels, no features, just a tiny spec.

There's a camera that's ideal for the area you want to cover. It's a Pannasonic bb-hcm581a. It's pretty inexpensive for this sort of camera and can cover the 50m area by setting up patrols and zooming in with it's 21X optical zoom to see what is really there. You can get a outdoor dome enclosure for it for outdoor use. Panasonics do pretty well in low light, but you still may need to light up the area. Before you think this is expensive, consider that camera that can do this from Axis would set you back over $3k.