I have a client who wants to access their eyemax dvr 9240 using the iphone. It look like the setup is straightforward, but I can't find any further info on how to use the iPhone to access the dvr or receive an alert.

Anyone used the iPhone in this manner? Thanks

I would say that your best chance is to contact Eyemax, and ask them if that given DVR card/software has iphone client... If they do not support iphone, it would not look like that "straightforward" to me.

According to a CCTV eyemax tech the setup our client has is iPhone capable (at least the setup preferences is functional). I just just wondering if there was anyone out in CCTV forumland that had any experience with the setup and ultimate use. The eyemax dvr PC-based system is good, but the manual and technical support are a bit thin. Not much meat is terms of operating directions in the use of the iPhone

Thanks for the input

Update:

Well, no joy in getting the iPhone running. Install was easy, and we opened the the 8015 port on the system and the router. But the connection just fails.

Update:

Well, no joy in getting the iPhone running. Install was easy, and we opened the the 8015 port on the system and the router. But the connection just fails.

According to my experience with iPhone, you have to download and install a program from iPhone App store. Of course, the program is offered by your software supplier. If the program has not passed by iPhone and put on App store, no connection will be supported.

But if one's iPhone is a cheap copy one, he can copy the program directly to his "iPhone" and connect to PC-DVR. No need download from App store.

The Iphone settings that you are seeing in the eyemax software are for a two way audio connection between the dvr and another computer. Not for the Apple iPhone. To use your eyemax system with the Apple iPhone, you must upgrade your dvr to one of the new Apple iPhone compatible devices. The newest version of the software, 5.5.0.0 might work for 9120's, 9240's, etc.. But you will need to enable web login on port 80 in the network settings in the eyemax software.

if it's anything like divis, you just enter the ip address & the dvr is the server - no iPhone app. Accessible via blackberry / generic smartphone / web.

I've been trying to access my EyeMax DVR via my iPhone for a while now, and finally figured out how to do it in a decently usable way.

A little background - I have read the DVR manual from cover to cover, tried out a generic DVR app (mviewer) from the App Store, and tried tweaking DVR network settings to get everything to work. As of now, I have not been able to use an app to access the camera feeds, but I did finally manage to get things working in Safari (this method should also work on any smartphone with a decent browser).

Before you start:

• Know your DVR's IP address
    Ensure your Web Server within the DVR software is set to port 80 under Setup->Network
    Have your smartphone connected to the same network that the DVR is on

Steps:

1. Open your browser
  2. Open the following URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 (where the x's represent your DVR's IP address)
  3. This should open a "Mobile Login" page - enter your login and password, just as you would to access the feeds through your computer's browser
  4. That's it - a simple page should open with the first camera feed showing. You can pick from Normal and High quality through a drop-down menu, and you can choose which camera to view through another drop-down menu.

Enjoy! This solution is far from elegant, as it does not load the names you have assigned to the cameras, and it loads the feed as a web page element, and you have to scroll around to get to the drop-down to switch cameras, making it a little cumbersome. However, it should be at least a functional solution for anyone else who has been searching for one. If you run into any problems, post them here and I'll help if I can.

Cheers,

holywood

Hi,

did you have to upgrade to 5.5.0.0? because my server version is 5.1.4.0 and i do not see any video feed. I see all the frames and buttons but no video....

barb

Hi,

did you have to upgrade to 5.5.0.0? because my server version is 5.1.4.0 and i do not see any video feed. I see all the frames and buttons but no video....

barb

Barb,

I do have 5.5.0.0 installed, but you may still be able to do this with your version.

From your description of the page you are looking at (frames and buttons), you are accessing the regular login and DVR System page (the same one you would access from a PC). To access the Mobile Login page, make sure you have ":80" (without quotes) at the end of the ip address you type into your smartphone browser. This will automatically direct you to the Mobile Login page, and subsequently to the Mobile Viewer page, which is a different interface than the one you see if you access the DVR Viewer page on your PC. The login screen should look like this:

th_36031_Mobile_Login_122_564loJPG-1.jpg

And once you log in, the actual camera screen will look like this:

th_36208_Mobile_Viewer_122_236loJPG-1.jpg

Hope this helps - let me know if you still have problems.

Cheers,

holywood

Hey holywood,

thanks for the prompt response...

Using the port number (“:80”) at the end of the IP address takes me to the same page format that I get from a PC browser. Nothing close to that Mobile Viewer page that you posted (by the way thanks for the pictures)

I think maybe I need to upgrade to the 5.5 version to be able to get that Mobile Viewer feature enabled. I just noticed that, on the eyemax DVR website, the iphone compatibility is advertised in the 5.5 version. So I am assuming the version has something to do with it.....

here is what they have posted for 5.5 :

Server 5.5.0.0 Eyemax DVR Server Software for DVS-9030 / 9060 / 9120 / 9240 / 9480 / 9424 / 9448 / 9632 / Windows XP/Vista/7 Compatible - iPhone compatible.

I will try to upgrade my server version and will report back....

I hope it would be a seamless update, because I do not want to lose my server settings and I also want to maintain the previously recorded videos on the server.[ the server installation SW is asking for the drive location to store the video, so it may start overwriting the previously recorded data! Maybe not!]

did you do the update by yourself or your system has come with the 5.5 version of the server?

Thanks,

barb

barb,

Sorry to hear it didn't work. I agree that if you are getting redirected to the normal login page instead of the Mobile Login page, you may need to upgrade to 5.5.0.0 to make it work. Our DVR was purchased fairly recently (a month or two ago), so we had 5.5.0.0 already installed.

A couple of other quick things to try before you go through the hassle of upgrading:

1. Double-check your settings (specifically your port setting) under Settings->Network and try connecting with your phone one more time. See highlighted portion of screenshot below and check that your settings match:

th_31746_Setup_122_457lo-1.jpg

Full-Size: http://img283.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=31746_Setup_122_457lo.jpg

2. Try connecting directly to the Mobile Login Page instead of counting on your phone to redirect you. Instead of just being redirected from port 80, go directly to the Mobile Login page. The URL will be http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/mlogin16.html (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the DVR IP address).

If neither of these solve the problem, then upgrading to 5.5.0.0 is probably your best bet. Let us know how everything works out.

Cheers,

holywood

hey holywood,

I checked the settings and it was already what you posted. And I also tried it with ":80/mlogin16.html " and still does not get me to the Mobile Viewer....I am getting to a the conclusion that it should be the version of the Software on the server.

Once i upgrade to 5.5 will report back....

thanks again for your detailed responses....

best,

barb

Hi Barb,

Have you been able to upgrade to the newest version and test out the mobile login page? I am experiencing the same situation as well.

Thanks,

Eric

hi fastsvo,

[sorry for the late response....I was not expecting any responses to the thread unless i posted an update so i never went back until today when I was cleaning up my bookmarks]

I have not updated the server SW yet since i am worried that i will lose my two year worth of saved recordings...I need to find some some time to backup the data needed and then try to update...

will make sure to update this thread as soon as i update the server SW...

best,

Barb

I'm back with another mobile login issue. This second 4-camera system works fine and I can log in to the Mobile Viewer but get no images (either with a smartphone - iPhone4 or on a PC and Mac). Viewing remotely from a PC using the regular login through IE with ActiveX all cameras are visible. Using Eyemax version 5.5.4.

Any thoughts as to why no video on the mobile viewer even though logged in?

Thanks

Ref: my last post yeasterday

I discovered the following by looking at the streaming file that was being constantly sent to the mobile viewer - a frame at a time I presume. In looking at the info on this stream the following image dimensions are

0px × 0px (scaled to 24px × 24px)

The 0px X 0px seems to indicate a "zero" sized image.

The URL extension for this stream is: http://XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8000/jstream.cgi?chid=0&size=50&cnt=698

Does anyone know how to interpret this?

Wondering if indeed the stream is coming across but the size is set to zero by zero pixels. I find this a bit hard to believe so I thought I toss it out to the forum for comments

Thanks

Rob,

Sorry for the slow response - I haven't looked at this forum in a while.

I assume you have already tried this, but my first question would be: are you selecting a channel to which you have a camera hooked up? If I select a channel from the drop-down on the Mobile Viewer page to which there is no camera hooked up, I get a blank blue screen instead of a feed.

In response to your question regarding the video feed, I opened the Mobile Viewer on my PC, looked at the source code, and found the following line, which seems to correspond to what you're looking at.

jstream.cgi?chid=0&size=g_size&cnt=0

g_size has been globally declared and set to 50, and the value for cnt is assigned using g_cnt, which begins globally declared and set to 0 and is used in the timer functions.

The last thing you can try is to look at my earlier posts in this thread and make sure you:

1. Have opened port 80 for web streaming in your DVR settings
  2. Have not checked "Loading text webpages without picture images" in your DVR settings
  3. Are connecting to the Mobile Login page using port 80 (Mobile Login URL should be http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/mlogin16.html, and Mobile Viewer URL should be http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/mobile16.html.

If that doesn't work, I'm thinking that something may be different with version 5.5.4.0 (I have 5.5.0.0 installed).

Let me know if there's anything else I can clarify or try to help with.

Cheers,

holywood

Hi all,

I to am having eyemax5500/iPhone troubles.

I enter on my iphone XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80/mlogin.html which takes me to "Mobile Login", the problem that I am having is that, once I enter my ID and Password, I press the "Login" button and nothing happens.

NOTE: I've also tried 5540 with no success

any help would be Greatly Appreciated, Thank You in Advance

Billy

Thank you for the quick reply, I am almost positive all me ports have been forwarded properly, I am able to login from my Home PC, this DVR system is at work.

As i said, I do get to the Mobile Login Screen, but after I enter my info, I press Login and nothing happens

Thank you for the quick reply, I am almost positive all me ports have been forwarded properly, I am able to login from my Home PC, this DVR system is at work.

As i said, I do get to the Mobile Login Screen, but after I enter my info, I press Login and nothing happens

hi. just have a go at removing the software from your iphone and re-install it.