Eva

AVerMedia NV8416E4, beginning of a nightmare?

So I order two NV8416E4 cards from CCTV Mega Store. They arrive open boxed with a friggin REFURBISHED PRODUCT WARRANTY! WTF is that all about? Nowhere on their site was ever mentioned refurbished. Then the NV series Manual EN v7.5.pdf that was on the included disk has no mention of the NV8416E4 and AVerMedia's site does not have a User Manual. This is utter crap!

So I order two NV8416E4 cards from CCTV Mega Store. They arrive open boxed with a friggin REFURBISHED PRODUCT WARRANTY! WTF is that all about? Nowhere on their site was ever mentioned refurbished. Then the NV series Manual EN v7.5.pdf that was on the included disk has no mention of the NV8416E4 and AVerMedia's site does not have a User Manual. This is utter crap!

CCTV mega store are a good company. have you talked to them about your problem ??? and all avers use the same software so no problem there but i would run 7.7 if you need a copy i will send you one.

CCTV mega store are a good company. have you talked to them about your problem ??? and all avers use the same software so no problem there but i would run 7.7 if you need a copy i will send you one.

On good faith I had my client purchase two of these cards. I would not have recommended them if I had known they were refurbished with only a one year warranty instead of two. So much for the faith in their repairs! I do know how to download the latest software thank you:) When I receive an open boxed item that was once repaired with only half the warranty period and no user manual pertaining to the item I would declare that outright fraud PERIOD!!! And no I haven't talked to them yet as I am bundling it up and returning it along with cancelling the Visa charge upon proof of return.

On good faith I had my client purchase two of these cards. I would not have recommended them if I had known they were refurbished with only a one year warranty instead of two. So much for the faith in their repairs! I do know how to download the latest software thank you:) When I receive an open boxed item that was once repaired with only half the warranty period and no user manual pertaining to the item I would declare that outright fraud PERIOD!!! And no I haven't talked to them yet as I am bundling it up and returning it along with cancelling the Visa charge upon proof of return.

if your client purchased the cards how do you know he was not offered referb cards. to save costs. and as you have stated you have not spoken to cctv mega yet. i think you need to talk with the company before you accuse them of fraud.

My card only came with a quick user manual. You can d/l the manual online when you get the software. The manual is over 100 pages so they want you to grab the .pdf

if your client purchased the cards how do you know he was not offered referb cards. to save costs. and as you have stated you have not spoken to cctv mega yet. i think you need to talk with the company before you accuse them of fraud.
Well I walked him through the online purchase so I know there was no mention of refurbished. Can you see the word refurbished on this page?

http://www.cctvmegastore.com/AVerMedia_DVR_Cards.asp

My card only came with a quick user manual. You can d/l the manual online when you get the software. The manual is over 100 pages so they want you to grab the .pdf

JC322 is right its not hard to get the manual. here it is in pdf http://www.cctvengineer.com/NV_series_Manual_EN_v7.7.pdf

A very helpful manual indeed: "Press the NV8416E4 cards into the PCI-Ex1 slot firmly." lol

JC322 is right its not hard to get the manual. here it is in pdf http://www.cctvengineer.com/NV_series_Manual_EN_v7.7.pdf

A very helpful manual indeed: "Press the NV8416E4 cards into the PCI-Ex1 slot firmly." lol

I am not sure what you are looking for that manual is 254 pages. If you cant find what you need contact Aver support, they are very helpful.

Goodluck

I am not sure what you are looking for that manual is 254 pages. If you cant find what you need contact Aver support, they are very helpful.

Goodluck

The inclusion of a manual that did not list the card in question was just a further aggrevation on top of the refurbished ripoff. However I just might take your advice and contact Aver support to ask them just how firmly I need to press the NV8416 pcie x4 card into a pcie x1 slot.

Goodluck

The inclusion of a manual that did not list the card in question was just a further aggrevation on top of the refurbished ripoff. However I just might take your advice and contact Aver support to ask them just how firmly I need to press the NV8416 pcie x4 card into a pcie x1 slot.

the manual does not list the card in question...........yes it does ........EVa i dont understand your problem. are you having problems on how to build a system.

Goodluck

the manual does not list the card in question...........yes it does ........EVa i dont understand your problem. are you having problems on how to build a system.

Okay so show me where the NV8416E4 is in the Manual EN v7.5.pdf which was the manual that was included with the card? If you had read the thread you would have known my problem was not installing but getting ripped off with two refurbished cards with an included manual that does not even mention the NV8416E4. If I buy an I7 motherboard I expect the included manual to be about the I7 motherboard and not a 386 motherboard but maybe that is too much to expect from AVerMedia. And yes I did download the latest manual(not to be found on the AVerMedia site) and am less then impressed with instructions such as "Firmly press the NV8416 pcie x4 card into a pcie x1 slot.". Not that I need instructions on any of this but I expect to always leave complete documentation with my clients so they are not at the future mercy of anyone.

Im not an Avermedia fan, I use Geo mostly, but how do you know the cards are refurbished?

Did it come with the CD/DVD which would have the manual?

The installation Manual tom posted is similar in its contents to what most DVR companies provide, see Geovision for example:

http://www.geovision.com.tw/Install_Products/Installation_GVComboA.pdf

They also have a separate software manual.

if you knew how many people have problems installing cards only to find they have not seated the cards right.

as for leaving documentation for your customer. everything is now on a help screen on all avers. (help or how to button) what info do you need and i will send it to you.

if you knew how many people have problems installing cards only to find they have not seated the cards right.

as for leaving documentation for your customer. everything is now on a help screen on all avers. (help or how to button) what info do you need and i will send it to you.

Lol I have been building putters since 1978 so no prob there. I am an Intel builder and reseller. I suppose I get my nose out of joint when dealing with misleading and inadequate companies. Would you really be surprised if people followed instructions only to report that they are having problems seating a pciex4 card into a pciex1 slot?!? roflmfao

Im not an Avermedia fan, I use Geo mostly, but how do you know the cards are refurbished?

Did it come with the CD/DVD which would have the manual?

The installation Manual tom posted is similar in its contents to what most DVR companies provide, see Geovision for example:

http://www.geovision.com.tw/Install_Products/Installation_GVComboA.pdf

They also have a separate software manual.

Both boxes for both cards had been previously opened and some outside markings on the boxes had been destroyed. The thing that really led me to believe they were refurbished was the inclusion of a REFURBISHED PRODUCT WARRANTY in both boxes which cuts the normal two year warranty down to one year. Crap who knows what these cards have been through? Anyway I don 't need anything thanks. I just had to share my experience with others to see if this has happened to anyone else and to give a heads up:)