rory

Does the GeoVision IP cam need a dongle?

How do you view the 8 ip cameras? The screen divisions go to 16 so camera 17-24 wouldnt appear to have a channel per se.

This has confused me from day one. I'm about to fill up all the analog channels on my system and I do have one IP camera. Will this be able to be viewed through the geo main system or is there another way?

When you add the IP cameras to a screen position under Install IP Cameras, you can select any position up to 32. Once you do, the software does the rest and you'll notice on the main screen to the right of the screen division selection, a right arrow to select additional screens for display

That just made my day! That has been bugging me forever. Thanks! I'm going to try it soon.

I am looking for clarification on adding IP cameras on an "analog" Geovision system as well.

The sytem has 2 GV-1480 cards. Only 26 of the 32 cameras are used, and the customer would like to add 4 more cameras to the system. The best solution for these 4 cameras would be wireless IP.

My questions are:

-Would a USB license dongle need to be purchased if 4 Geovision IP cameras are added? Or are a certain number of licenses included for free if you have the 2 GV-1480 cards?

-Would a USB license dongle need to be purchased if 4 third party IP cameras are added? Or are a certain number of licenses included for free if you have the 2 GV-1480 cards?

My questions are:

-Would a USB license dongle need to be purchased if 4 Geovision IP cameras are added? Or are a certain number of licenses included for free if you have the 2 GV-1480 cards?

-Would a USB license dongle need to be purchased if 4 third party IP cameras are added? Or are a certain number of licenses included for free if you have the 2 GV-1480 cards?

Question 1 - You can add 4,5 or 6 Geovision IP cameras to your system without having to purchase an IP license. Geovision allows you to add up to 8 of their IP cams without a license for 32 cameras total. You can even take 2 of your analog and replace with IP's if needed without a license.

Question 2 - Any number of 3rd party IP cams require a license. When you receive the dongle, it will be marked with the number of cam licenses it supports. With your existing 26 cam system, you can add up to 6 more 3rd party IP cams.

As I suspected. Just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the straightforward answer. It was exactly what I was looking for.

My distributor is telling me Geovision is offering free software with the ip camera purchase. I'm working on a tight budget with someone who is insisting on 20+ Megapixel cameras. We are looking at the 1.3 MP bullets. What kind of system do I need to build to max out this software to accept 32 of these at 15 fps/camera? How well is it going record with a dedicated network at 10/100mbs? No hybrid capabilty needed. Is there a better solution for <= $.

Would I be better off building multiple NVR's?

Thanks in advance.

If you're using GeoVision IP cameras, each camera comes with a licence for that channel. If you're using third party cameras (VivoTech, Arecont, Sapphire) then you need to purchase either a USB or internal dongle with the appropriate number of channel licences.

Honestly,

Johnny

www.esentia.com