fullhouse

DVR with external recording

Good morning from The netherlands..

just subscribed to this forum. Read a lot and it is really nice to see there are colleagues helping each other!

My question please..

Is there a unit or a solution with a DVR to record CCTV cameras on an external HDD?

I will eplain..

I seek a DVR with a small build in HDD but it needs to record on an external HDD about 5 to 10 meters away from the unit. maybe over a network (not internet) or with a NAS..

This way when a burglar takes away the DVR the pictures are save.

Looking forward to any reply or tip..

Greetings from The netherlands

Most any PC-based system should be able to do this inherently - your external drive(s) can be USB, Firewire, eSATA, networked through a variety of methods... as long as the PC can see it as a drive letter, most DVR software will be able to use it.

All you need is a decent standalone DVR. You can do the CMS recording route. All you need is another computer somewhere on the network. Than use the CMS software as an NVR. So you will be recording at all times on both the DVR and the computer.

Thanks all for the answers!!

But I just need remote recording. It seems the AVtech DVRs are capable?

Does someone have a manual or so?

Greetz

Rick

If the OP doesn't want a PC-based DVR, then it seems kind of counter-productive to have a setup that requires a PC-based CMS to do the remote recording...