antdickens

Night club / late bar camera recommendations

I am quoting for two jobs which aren't the most brightly lit jobs i've ever come accross. I would really like to use colour cameras for these jobs but have found you get quite noisey pictures in low light environments.

Can anyone suggest a suitable hi res colur static dome camera for use in a bar?

Cheers

Check out the WizKid Domes, cant break them, not that expensive, neat looking, and the WZ30 is small, they come in high res Color or BW.

Im going to be using them for a nightclub here to replace the existing BW Bullets. We originally tried every low light color camera known to man, but none would give a clear image ..so stuck with BW in the bar and night club areas, and Color at the entrance and car park.

Dont know if you can get them in the UK though? Otherwise .. pretty much any high res dome. But I would stick to BW .. i mean when will they ever use color .. the light is dim all the time, or is it bright in the day, and are they open in the day time? The Night club i did is closed in the day so only night time was important. Exview color gets pixelised in low lighting. You may want to look at the Samsung Techwin SSNR cameras also.

Rory

Compared the Samsung 500 verses the 520 at the ISC show, and the 520 looked alot better when the camera switched to b/w. Very clear without any grain. It's the mechanical IR cut filter that does it. The 500 had that SSNS noise reduction thing but looked as grainy as any other day/night camera.

As Rory said, we have found that you need good mono cameras for some nightclub work.

We have also found the mono cameras handle any disco lighting much better.

C7 in CA - Can you tell me where you purchased your camera from? According to the Wiz Kid website and two of their customer service reps the WZ30 dome ships with three lenses: "Mounted with 3.6mm micro-lens (2.9mm and 6mm micro-lens also included)".

I had the same problem when I received my camera and had to contact Wiz Kid to get the other two lenses. What gives with this?

Still waiting to hear from Rory on this - I don't think he likes me .

I think I missed this one, nothing personal Sammie

These are from the Extreme Sales Manager who I deal with, he is also in charge of WizKid sales.

WZ30B1L4 B/W 1/3" 420 TVL. Lens pack 2.9, 3.6 and 6 mm.

WZ30K1L4 Color 1/4" 380 TVL. Lens pack 2.9, 3.6 and 6 mm.

If you want a different lens though you can special order that. Make sure you are getting the new model from whereever you are buying it from, the older models only came with 1 lens, 2.5-12mm and you had to specify which one.

yeah they dont sell them like that anymore, that was the 3.6mm lens ..

maybe they were clearing stock .. not sure when they started the 3 lens pack, it may be very recent. When did you buy the camera?

I ordered it a couple of months ago. They still show it on their website. I thought it was a pretty good price.

this is an old thread, but I thought it only fair to report back on those WizKid WZ30's. They turned out to be awful image quality and I will never use another WizKid camera. So before one sees this thread and goes off purchasing one and wasting their money, they may want to look at something else first.

Rory

I have to say I prefer full body cameras in recess mounts for nightclubs and bars, I had never found a dome that cut the mustard well enough, the problem you see with al the noise is more to do with Gain, you can not set gain control on most dome cameras, it is either auto or off, but now they have released the new Bosch Domes, these are actually full body cameras in a dome body, they have to be recessed or surface mounted with an adaptor, but the best bit is through the Bilinx software you can SET the gain level threshold, this means you can decide how much gain is added, these cameras are so low light anyhow that little gain is needed and the full body electronics allows for beautifull piccies

What was the total price you picked the cameras up for? I personally like the Samsung or Panasonic cameras. They do real well in low light conditions. Let me know if I can help you any further. Thanks