rory

Attn. GeoVision USA, Can You Hear Me Now??

Well, just curious, as I sent you an email 4 days ago, and have not heard back yet, not even a "hey yall, I got your email and I will get back to you as soon as I can" .. nope .. nada .. do you check that email from the contact form on your website, or should we just skip you and go direct to Taiwan? It was only a real basic question .. let me know if you got my back, thanks.

This post struck a chord with me as we've done been through it several times. It finally took our distributer calling their supplier who called Usavision and conferenced us in. At one point we even tried to use the online chat help and they turned it off while we were waiting for a response. That cracked me up.

Boss wasn't too pleased though.

Why is it that this forum is filled with Geo problems/ questions?

Is it because they are more popular and do more volume?

Or is it because their company, their products, and MAINLY their customer support sucks?

What kinda BS is that?? HEY we'll take your money but good luck getting it to work!

LOL .. yeah seems their support might be lacking. Well for me I dont normally need support from them anyway, but certainly I do in this case. Im not a phone person, email or nothing!!

wierd.... that was supposed to go to another thread. browser locked up as I posted it and had to c a d to kill it... not sure what happened. gotta love vista

LOL thats what I thought .. but the answer is no, i dont buy cameras from directron

(actually i use 123 security products)

Can't totally agree with the support issues. Whenever we've had a real head scratcher and our distributor's tech support couldn't figure out the issue they had no problem setting up a conference call with Geovision to give us a hand or to remotely log in to the system and check things out.

Haven't tried emailing for a response but "live" support has been excellent.

Can't totally agree with the support issues. Whenever we've had a real head scratcher and our distributor's tech support couldn't figure out the issue they had no problem setting up a conference call with Geovision to give us a hand or to remotely log in to the system and check things out.

Haven't tried emailing for a response but "live" support has been excellent.

If you hear from them, please let them know to contact me .. thanks

I only have a basic question, which I would like answered via email. .. no voip right now (BTW $30,000 fine here if caught using VOIP other then the one sold via the local government monopoly telco!)

Im still trying to find out about their IP cameras.

Dear Rory,

May I know what is the issue in this case?

If you have any technical questions, please try the following methods.

1. Contact our authorized distributors. Please email to sales@usavisionsys.com to find out the distributor near your location.

2. Go to our live bold chat in http://www.usavisionsys.com.

Bold Chart on-line not 24 hours, only in pacific working hours.

3. Write us an email to support@geovision.com.tw.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

I emailed them 4 days ago. Same question. I emailed product support. No reply yet. I wonder if Andy from Geovision could find out the answer and reply for us.

It would help

Ok, Live chat came through. Adbi said we could add 8 ip cameras over and above the 16 analog giving a total of 24 cameras.

He said that a bigger screen division would show up when that happened. I'm having a transcript sent to me so I can post it.

So it sounds like it works.

Are there any Ip cameras that don't tape with so much detail. I like the detail but can't afford the hard drive space where I would like to put them. Suggestions?

Here's the transcript.

==================================

[Todd] With a geovision GV1480a card. Can you have 16 analog cameras plus 8 ip cameras or just 16 total cameras with up to 8 being IP cameras?

[Abdi]

Welcome to GeoVision online live support, my name is Abdi. How can I assist you today?

[Abdi] hi tod

[Todd] Hi, can you see the original question?

[Abdi] if you have gv1480 with 16 analog cameras, you can add another 8 gv ip cameras to the system

[Todd] That would give us a total of 24 cameras... correct?

[Abdi] but if you are going to use third party ip camreas, thenyou will need to have a licence for that

[Abdi] that is correct

[Todd] That's great. I will post them in the cctv forum. I have a geo ip camera and i'm glad to hear I can exceed 16. How will they fit that on the screen since they only show a 16 camera veiw?

[Abdi] when you add the ipcameras, it will change the screen devision to fit more then 16

[Todd] Ahh. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

[Abdi] you are welcome Todd, Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

[Todd] No that will be all for the moment. I will say good bye.

[Abdi] Thank you for using USAVision Systems Inc. / GeoVision Group online support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

thanks, yes that was the question I was trying to get an answer to

Also, you could set each camera individually to a lower quality, eg. set to H.264 and then drop the quality level down, and that should help. BUT, does that also apply to IP cameras?

The reason I was looking for analog IP type cameras is cost AND the hard drive space. I think I paid close to $400 for an IP camera. 4 cameras would be $1600. I can add a second 1480 for $900 and analogs for $175 or less a piece. That would be the same price and then I can add 12 more less expensive analogs if needed.

Hard drive requirements would then be less as well. I don't really need megapixel clarity in retail. It's wonderful, but for the $$ i'm probably better off with more quanity and good quality vs less quantity and awesome quality.

On the flip side though....It's pretty easy to install an IP camera and hide/move it on employees when you have network cables run all over the store. Tough to do that with analog. That extra coax cable get's picked out quickly.

Yeah I here you on that. I just priced up the 4 Geo IP cameras, against a 1480 Rack DVR with 4CNB Monalisa Vandal Domes with Wall Mounts ... the 4 IP cameras come out about $600+ more. But the idea in this case was not to have to add another DVR as they dont have much space left in the rack and they asked to look into the IP cameras.