Rudeman76

camera black

I am running a 800v3 card with a ribbon cable to a 16 port video capture card. I am running gv800 v6.0.5 . The drivers seem to be installed properly. I have updated my vid card drivers. (geforce 6200). My pc is more than sufficient for the requirements. Without a camera hooked up i get a video lost on the camera. When I hook up a camera I just get a black screen. I have hooked up the cable to another system and it works so i know that it is working. I am fairly new to installs of geovision. Any help would be awesome, thank you

Hi.

That is a very very old version of the GeoVision software, are you certain the card is not a clone? If it is, the drivers do not always work good, and can cause all kinds of issues in many cases.

That said, have you tried the camera in question on another port? which shows a camera okay?

Also, another thing to test if you only have the one camera, is to test it at the DVR but direct to the test monitor, not connected to the DVR.

Sry. I should have been more specific. I tried it on a monitor that was not a DVR and it works good. I only have one camera hooked up for test purposes. I tried it on more than one port, still the same. I am fairly certain it is not a clone. I just started working on these in depth last week. I am trying to set up a cheap system. We had the cards kickin around

Could my issue be my computer spec? I was just reading a previous post and my specs are lower. I thought my syatem was ok.

Celeron 420 1.6ghz Processor

1 gig ram

Could this be my issue?

Hi! Try to adjust the AGC (External Gain Control), either automatically or manually. There is a possibility that the signal of the camera is very low already (usually old cameras). Camera installed directly to the monitor will work but sometimes installed to the computer it will not work because of low signal. I encountered this problem before and had to adjust the AGC first.