koolmer

Hotel Reception setup (pictures inside)

Not the best example, but here is a sample picture taken in a hotel lobby using a Mobotix VGA camera. As buellwinkle mentioned, you can configure custom exposure zones - this picture does not have any configured.

Actually I would love to use Mobotix. I have heard only good about it. I didn't know they had cameras in VGA. I thought they only do Megapixel. Somebody mentioned before that Megapixel is overkill for the application. It might be true, but I think standard 540 TVL will also not do it if I want to get details on the faces.

I would like to go IP based and I would like to have better quality than what I am used to when recoding 4CIF. 4CIF will not be enough to get good shots of the faces unless I use a mini PTZ. This however is not an option, because nobody will be watching the cameras 24/7.

Maybe 1024x768 is enough for my application or 1280x720. The main problem is the strong backlight and of course the price has to reasonable. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

I was having trouble finding a supported model list for IP cameras for your software, do you have any links/lists?

If that's what you are limited to, we need to know what's supported.

Mobotix sells VGA cameras or 3MP, don't think they have anything in between except their b&w night sensor which is 1MP. The problem with Mobotix is the price difference between VGA and 3MP is not huge, maybe a few hundred dollars on a $1,500 camera. For a hotel lobby, check out the Mobotix Q24, not too expensive, under $1,000. You can put this in the center of the lobby and it takes a 360 degree view of the lobby. Then you can watch seperate images of each side of you lobby as though you had multiple cameras, very cool. Also, they come built in with VMS software and free PC based software, so no need to buy software and dedicate a PC for it.

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_AU/content/view/full/25611

I was having trouble finding a supported model list for IP cameras for your software, do you have any links/lists?

If that's what you are limited to, we need to know what's supported.

That's a really good point! Netvision supports the following IP cameras:

NV Series IP/EMDVR

DG 42XX/50XX EMDVR

DG 80XX/90XX EMDVR

DG Series IPC

Dahua Series IP

Sony SNC110/160

ACTi Series IP

Huviron Series IP

Mobotix M12 Series IP

ArecontVision IP

Camtron Series IPC

Axis Series IPC

However it will run on a quad core and if the IP camera has it's own software, it shouldn't be a problem to have that running in the background. But I am not willing to pay for another license of Milestone, Luxriot etc.

For the price of a high end WDR megapixel, you could probably get two Acti ACM-7411 megapixel domes (supported by your hybrid unit), and focus one just on the entrance, adjusted for the back-lighting, and another for the general lobby area, that would give you more potential lines of sight, as well.

For the price of a high end WDR megapixel, you could probably get two Acti ACM-7411 megapixel domes (supported by your hybrid unit), and focus one just on the entrance, adjusted for the back-lighting, and another for the general lobby area, that would give you more potential lines of sight, as well.

Don't forget the new TCM-7411 - adds H.264 compression and WDR to the ACM-7411. NVR support is a question. Have not seen the TCM- series yet but the ACM-7411 is indeed a nice camera.

NJD

Don't forget the new TCM-7411 - adds H.264 compression and WDR to the ACM-7411. NVR support is a question. Have not seen the TCM- series yet but the ACM-7411 is indeed a nice camera.

NJD

The camera looks very ok. I have checked prices for this camera in Europe and the only thing I found was for over 600 Euro. For 800 Euro I can get the Mobotix with 360 degree view and 3MP.