LeroyJnr

Where do I find how to terminate Nylon Line Plugs?

I'm sorry to ask such a lame questions but I've tried searching everywhere and I couldn't find anything on terminating 2 Pin Nylon Line Plugs anywhere. I'm only very new to CCTV and DVR installations but I've been using them for years in an operational sense. I recently purchased a Lilin multiplexer from a friend and some of his cameras had unusual terminations on the cables. Instead of the standard manufacturer connections my friend had been using 2 pin Nylon Line Plugs which is fine (i don't really care) but two of the new cameras I purchased are just naked wires needing to be terminating. I'm happy to do this myself but first I'd like to see a tutorial video or text with photos to make sure I'm doing it correctly. In the past i've always found great tutorials on youtube but they had nothing on these plugs and I couldn't find any on this site either

Can anybody help me out please? Any assistance is greatly appreciated

LeroyJnr

Sorry to sound dense, but what exactly is a "2 pin nylon line plug"? I'm sure it's something very common, I'm just not familiar with that term.

Perhaps a picture of what you're dealing with?

Sorry, i should have posted these with my op. I'm mainly talking about the two plugs inside the circle. Does this help at all?

Nylon-Plugs.jpg.70e49882bc0e36e73085f15ce796e1a4.jpg

I've never delt with these connectors in that way but they usually are either crimped or soldered. I don't see why you have to go with these connectors. It's for power supply i guess and i would use something like this instead

129686_1.jpg

I've never used those type of connectors that didn't already have wire tails to simply be spliced/crimped. AFAIK the pins for them simply get crimped to the wires. I can see the desire to use something for quick-disconnect on the camera power, but honestly, unless you're building a (trans)portable system, there should be little need to ever disconnect the cameras - I'd just use standard B-crimps if the camera has wire tails or a barrel plug, or connect the power directly to the camera's screw/spring/etc terminals.

Those connectors are made (mainly) by Molex, (commonly called a Molex connector, even if not actually made by Molex)and they require a specialized crimping tool to attach the connector pin to the wire properly (a basic crimping tool isn't too expensive, but the production tool is $300+), and a tool to remove the pin from the shell later (if you need to).

Keep in mind that there are a lot of variations within the product line in regards to connector size, shape, and pin spacing, here is one example http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=standard_093&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction&parentKey=power_connectors.

If it's only a few wires, and you do not need to disconnect them very often, what Ted mentioned above (often referred to as a "barrier strip") might be an easier approach.