SEANHAWG

RG59 Siamese Cable Prices

I buy alot of 1000' spools of RG59 Siamese Cable. The cheapest place I could find it is an Ebay seller who sells it for $125 shipped and its good quality cable too, shipped in a spool box which is a plus too.

Does anyone know of a place that is less expensive.

I buy alot of 1000' spools of RG59 Siamese Cable. The cheapest place I could find it is an Ebay seller who sells it for $125 shipped and its good quality cable too, shipped in a spool box which is a plus too.

Does anyone know of a place that is less expensive.

Hi seanhawg. the problem with going cheaper is quality having good cable is the major part of any install. $125 is on the cheap side for RG59 siamese. if you connect an expensive camera with cheap RG59 you are going to get an image quality of a cheap camera. 1st class cable 1st class connectors is something you dont buy cheap.

I hear ya. I bought some cheap cable one time and I was amazed at how much the picture quality was diminished, it was the cheap kind that had the connectors pre-installed on it. The cable just looked flimsy to begin with. Never again on that.

This cable that I buy works as good as any normal priced cable I have bought. Before I started buying the $125 cable. I was paying $198 from a reputable commercial CCTV distributor here in my home town. I notice no difference in the 2 as far as build and quality. So I have continued to purchase these spools on an ongoing basis. I have used it on runs as long as 500' and no picture quality is lost. I also have several feet of it exposed bare outside my warehouse. I have them hooked up to my Samsung, Ultrak, and Costar cameras.

We pay around $400 for 1000' here in the Bahamas.

Consider yourself lucky

Thats a doozy. But I bet alot of things are over-priced there do to its semi-remote location. But I am sure the beautiful tropical surroundings makes it a little bearable.

I wish .. the whole tropical thing was played out for me years ago, besides I live in the city anyway ..

if I could live in the US I would be on the next plane out

If you are running it outside and it is not outdoor rated you will eventually have problems. I prefer purchasing through the bigger suppliers. I get a price close to what you stated plus free shipping and I know if I have a problem they will stand behind the product. My experiences with EBay have not been so good.

Hi Jerome,

Is the stuff you buy outdoor rated? If so could you please PM me your source?

The place I buy from on Ebay has no customer service whatsoever meaning they never answer my emails but they do ship it out quick which is good. It would be nice to have some service though.

I think when we have to run outside we just run and outdoor rated RG-6 and an outdoor rated power cable. I will look and see if I can get a number for outdoor rated siamese (If it exists) The problem with using regular cable outside is the ultraviolet can deterioate the cable and any water will migrate through the whole cable in a very short period of time. Just found a WestPenn Product indoor outdoor rated called aquaseal. Not cheap but cheaper than having a crap install.

We pay around $400 for 1000' here in the Bahamas.

Consider yourself lucky

By the time I pay for shipping, I'm not so far ahead of you either. I have found cheaper deals than what I pay, but the cable I buy is pretty high quality. The way I look at it is if I have to go back and rewire everything even once, that $0.10 -$0.15/ft savings isn't going to mean a whole heck of a lot.

I think when we have to run outside we just run and outdoor rated RG-6 and an outdoor rated power cable. I will look and see if I can get a number for outdoor rated siamese (If it exists) The problem with using regular cable outside is the ultraviolet can deterioate the cable and any water will migrate through the whole cable in a very short period of time. Just found a WestPenn Product indoor outdoor rated called aquaseal. Not cheap but cheaper than having a crap install.

ultraviolet takes a few years to harm cable and with hot sun light on black siamese RG59. if you are in a area with strong sunlight and good heat. why not use white or gray siamese RG59.

Has anyone else had problems running siamese cable outside. I have had mine installed for a little over a year with no problems yet but I understand thats not a real long time. I have several feet of it exposed outside running to several different cameras, none of it is laying on the ground, all of it is pinned against the wall. I see where some of the retailers will put some sort of heavy duty plastic or rubber jacket around their exposed cable. What do you guys think about outside RG59 Siamese cable. And how do you normally run it under ground, I havent had to do this yet but just wondering, do you put in some PVC?

Has anyone else had problems running siamese cable outside. I have had mine installed for a little over a year with no problems yet but I understand thats not a real long time. I have several feet of it exposed outside running to several different cameras, none of it is laying on the ground, all of it is pinned against the wall. I see where some of the retailers will put some sort of heavy duty plastic or rubber jacket around their exposed cable. What do you guys think about outside RG59 Siamese cable. And how do you normally run it under ground, I havent had to do this yet but just wondering, do you put in some PVC?

i had some by me for over 5 years .. totally exposed, and im on the ocean. Use PVC to protect it though, like from lawn mowers, vandalism, etc.

I always thought the white would break down in the sunlight before the black? Anyway you look at it having to go back during the warrentee period is a killer. I agree with rory if in doublt put it in conduit if feasible.

Another question on this:

Do you guys prefer to use the cable that has the foil shielding around the white inner part of the coax cable or do you prefer to use the cable that does not have that foil shielding?

foil shielding? do you mean CatTV cable? If so, I have used it in the past when I first started out but its best not to use that, too many issues can arise. Ive changed alot of the old ones out for RG59 now.

I didn't use cctv cabling for my system, but jsut curious as to what issue's arise? I'm talking on short under 100 foot runs?

Hi Rory,

Its RG59, here is a pic of what I have:

130422_1.jpg

Do you see what I mean about the foil shielding? But I bought some the other day that did not have that silver foil shielding around the inner white part. I do know that if the foil shielding touches the inner conductor, it will kill the video, but I usually peel it back. Should I just use the cable that doesnt have that shielding?

Do you see what I mean about the foil shielding? But I bought some the other day that did not have that silver foil shielding around the inner white part. I do know that if the foil shielding touches the inner conductor, it will kill the video, but I usually peel it back. Should I just use the cable that doesnt have that shielding?

yeah get some without that .. ive never seen that before anyway.

BTW if you ask me which I prefer, that type in your photo with the 2 separate jackets joined together, or the single jacket with the coax and 18/2 inside it .. i prefer the 2 separate jackets joined together .. easier to split up between the DVR and the Power supply.

Also, you sure they advertised that as CCTV cable?

I agree on the 2 seperate jackets. I havent seen any yet with one jacket but I dont really want to either.

No sir, they did not advertise it as CCTV but did advertise it as RG59U. It has worked well for us so far but my only gripe was when the foil shielding touched the inner conductor it would screw up the video signal. Its a pain in the butt to have to peel back. Also, the inner conductor was copper clad steel which sucked too. It may be used for cable TV or Satellite TV applications as you said.

I have since started ordering rolls from a large cable supplier in California who has great customer service and is knowledgeable in his products. I pay a little more for the cable but it is good piece of mind knowing I get better customer service and better quality cable which will make the end user happier. The cable I get now has a solid copper conductor and doesnt have the foil shielding. I can tell the difference already on our installs. With the other cable, we would have to re-crimp the connections all the time because that stupid foil shielding would touch the conductor. With this cable, we have not had to re-crimp once.

I also asked him about using the bare cable outdoors. He basically said if you have it set up in mild climates, you shouldnt have to worry about putting it in conduit as long as you have it pinned against a wall and off of the ground. But on the other hand, if you have extreme climates such as bad icy winters or out in the desert where it is scorchingly hot, it may be a good idea to put it in conduit or he said you can get the direct burial type cable which would stand up to about anything, although I am sure the direct burial type is way more expensive.

I will say this seeing we sell a lot of cable online. The cable that you are buying for the $125 price you should really look at the spec sheets details. I knew exactly who you were getting from when you showed the AL foil on the inside.

The cable that you are buying is what is call CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum). What they do is coat the Aluminum cable with a thin coating of copper. If you had the 100% copper cable and CCA cable next to each other you would most likely not be able to tell the difference just by looking at the cable.

The cable that is advertised on E-Bay for $55 including shipping not only is CCA with the AL foil but if you read the spec sheet the 18 AWG 2© is also CCA. So even the power cable is not 100% copper.

A lot of the cable on the market place is very misleading and hard actually see the specs. We had to order some of the cheaper cable in just to figure out how people could charge so little for something they were listing as "copper".

We import CCTV cable by the container so if you have any questions about CCA just let me know.

Also to answer your original question about the outdoor cable. You will want to find a cable with a UV coating on the outside. We did stock it for awhile but there are times of the year (Summer) that the supplies just run out of the true outdoor cable. The normal CCTV cable will work but plan on it lasting 2-5 years.

Hope this helps!

Yes I learned this. The first rolls I were buying were all copper clad. The second types of rolls had a solid copper center coax wire but the 2 power wires were copper clad.

I didnt have any problems with either type of these regarding video quality other than the fact that the first roll with the foil shielding was just more than a nuisance. In a matter of fact, I have our 16 camera system with the cheapest quality cable and havent had any problems yet. But just to be safe, I always like to get the good stuff now.

I have a building with a CCTV installation that is about 15 years old. Some RG59 is outdoors for 20 - 30 meters and I don't think it's outdoor rated. Anyways I had to cut some of it and the copper is very corroded. However the cable was not really causing any problems. When I scratched the copper I could get it clean again and I could put some F-connectors on it.

The cameras are still working perfecly.