I picked up some Thomas and Bett 'SNS' BNC connectors and compress tool (expensive for a simple compress tool). The BNC connectors are for RG6 however.

Where can I get some decent black RG6 Siamese in a pull box? The RG6/U I have now seems to be for satellite/digital (foil around white core, and alum braiding). The foil is a pain to get off.

Sounds like you have RG6 quad- I hate that stuff too.

RG6 siamese is not very common. I'm sure someone out there makes it, but RG59 siamese is the common standard for CCTV. It will probably be easier for you to just buy RG59 siamese and RG59 compression connectors. OR just buy plain RG6 and 18/2 wire seperately.

Where can I get some decent black RG6 Siamese in a pull box? The RG6/U I have now seems to be for satellite/digital (foil around white core, and alum braiding). The foil is a pain to get off.

I know what you mean. This one monster who I do the occasional install for always supplies me with that stuff. I hate it! I think he just does it because A) He gets it cheap and B) He likes to see me angry.

For RG6 Siamese, I like to use these guys:http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/product_p/spool-rg6%201000.htm They aren't cheap, but their cable is top notch (far better than that flotsam I get from the aforementioned individual).

I picked up some Thomas and Bett 'SNS' BNC connectors and compress tool (expensive for a simple compress tool). The BNC connectors are for RG6 however.

Why are u trying to get foil off ?

Why are u trying to get foil off ?

Aren't you supposed to remove the foil for Satellite TV installs?

Braid and foil are your ground and shield

Why do u want to remove ?

Braid and foil are your ground and shield

Why do u want to remove ?

eh? I never said anything about removing the braiding. I always fold it back.

And in regards to the foil... I cut it off from the exposed white core. We are talking about 'SATELLITE RG6' here though, not 'CCTV RG6' . Everyone seems to cut the foil off. And from the sounds of it... 'CCTV RG6' does not have the foil in the middle (just braiding).

And in regards to the foil... I cut it off from the exposed white core. We are talking about 'SATELLITE RG6' here though, not 'CCTV RG6' . Everyone seems to cut the foil off. And from the sounds of it... 'CCTV RG6' does not have the foil in the middle (just braiding).

I really like words "Everyone seems to cut the foil off"

But ? still the same

what is the reason "Everyone" removing foil

Good grief man. Someone who speaks/writes fluent Englush please respond to exactly what the case is here in re to RG6 used for 'satellite/digital cable TV' (and also whether RG6 used for 'CCTV' has the same foil or not) please and thank you.

Good grief man. Someone who speaks/writes fluent Englush please respond to exactly what the case is here in re to RG6 used for 'satellite/digital cable TV' (and also whether RG6 used for 'CCTV' has the same foil or not) please and thank you.

Take it easy man

I was not trying to offend you

sorry if u feel this way

What I was trying to say

That it is no reason at all to remove foil

and if "other" removing then they simply lazy or have no idea

how to do properly

No problem.

If that is the case then (not to remove foil), it will make my life much much easier. When I replaced some of my old 'screw-on' connections with new RG6 'Snap N Seal' connections on my Bell TV RG6 cables, it was taking me like 5-10 minutes sometimes to change each connector

So, the current question is... does RG6 'CCTV' coax have the foil as well? I guess it does not matter really, since it would appear (as above) it does not have to be removed anyway, but just curious.

We use snap and seal on rg6 you use a special stripper and it takes off the correct amount of shielding you push on the connector and then put it in the tool it is on will not come off

pricey but you don't have do overs.

I really like words "Everyone seems to cut the foil off"

But ? still the same

what is the reason "Everyone" removing foil

cctv wire has no foil, sat/catv has foil. I just leave it on

Funny enough I came across some of this cable on saturday, someone ordered it online from an electrical place and imported it themselves. It was a pain to work with, never again. Video did work though. Power cable's jacket splits away though which is a PITA, cheap cable perhaps. Not good for CCTV.