steveo44

CCTV Monitor Question

I mainly install intruder alarms but now and again i will upgrade a CCTV system which usually involves changing the existing CRT monitor for an LCD type. However the customer is usually left a little disappointed with the quality of the image on the LCD monitor compared to what was available using the CRT, can somebody please explain why the LCD image is not as good and are there and LCD monitors that match the image quality of the CRT.

What type of LCDs are you using - standard aspect, widescreen? Standard computer or TV displays, or dedicated CCTV type?

What are you driving them with? Single live camera, multiplexer, computer output?

The biggest problem I usually see is that most monitors available now are 16:9 or 16:10 widescreen, and most do a terrible job of stretching a 4:3 image to fill it.

I mainly install intruder alarms but now and again i will upgrade a CCTV system which usually involves changing the existing CRT monitor for an LCD type. However the customer is usually left a little disappointed with the quality of the image on the LCD monitor compared to what was available using the CRT, can somebody please explain why the LCD image is not as good and are there and LCD monitors that match the image quality of the CRT.

sorry for my doubtfulness of a secret agenda, did the customer also ask for something else?

Dove

sorry for my doubtfulness of a secret agenda, did the customer also ask for something else?

Dove

What???

Dove

What???

and if the LCD and CRT in comparison are of the same size and resolution?

rgds, dove

and if the LCD and CRT in comparison are of the same size and resolution?

Where did you see CRT and LCD with the same resolution ?

Thanks