sueum

Needs a change

Hi

I know very little to nothing about CCTV and there compatibility with each other,

I use TV’s and vhs video recorder’s with Micromark camera’s; they have done me well,

The culprits of endless damage are getting wise, so I need an alternative now,

I want to keep it cheep,

Infrared for night vision up to 50 Meters away, so it will need to be bright

And a dvd/cd? Recorder player, possibly switching its self on and off as required

Can you advise me on something suitable please?

im no genius when it comes to cctv , however it may be time to upgrade to a standalone dvr recorder .... i personally use a avtech 793 that i got for about £220 then added my own hard drive and currently run 3 twilight cameras connected to it the camera range from about £60 onwards depending on what you exactly want....the price grows with the ir range.

im not saying that they are the best for the price ? but you have to work around your budget

IR light that throws 50 meters is a pretty tall order. There are very few cameras out there with integrated IRs that can actually do this, regardless of what you read on a manufacturers/ suppliers web page.

It will be much more cost effective to have motion sensing flood lights.

If you must have IR that can throw that far, I would recommend using a true day night (ICR) camera, and a high powered external IR illuminator. This will give you much better results and won't restrict you to a small handful of makes/ models.