Icarus

Sentient N63HH - Internet Logon Issue

Hi there,

I have purchased & installed the Sentient N63HH CCTV system. I have connected it to my WRP400 router and am able to view the cameras over the LAN.

I have setup port forwarding on the router successfully and am able to get to the login screen for the DVR by typing in my IP address and port number.

However, it does not accept my password when I try to access externally. The password works fine on the Lan but not on the Wan.

Any ideas?

Rgds,

I.

I have exactly the same issue with Sentient DVR CCTV Model N63HH - it works fine on the internal LAN but when trying to access over the internet - it says the password is incorrect. I have tried opening all ports on my router from 1 to 9999 both inward and outward and still no joy but as soon as I try over the internal LAN the system access works fine so if anyone has the answer to this I would appreciate an email to kgriff@ msn.com (without the space).

Kind regards...

Ken Griffiths

Ken,

I received a reply from Maplins which I have forwarded to you.

I have not tried this solution yet, as I will not be home again until Saturday next. If you want to wait until then & I will try it first. If you are going to go first, let me know how you get on please.

If we know it works, then we should post the solution up here and it might be of help to other people.

Regards.

Ken,

I received a reply from Maplins which I have forwarded to you.

I have not tried this solution yet, as I will not be home again until Saturday next. If you want to wait until then & I will try it first. If you are going to go first, let me know how you get on please.

If we know it works, then we should post the solution up here and it might be of help to other people.

Regards.

Also try deleting your internet history refreshing the page and logging on again.

Also make sure the media port is open, normally port 9000 on these

Hi,

I have a similar if different problem.

I have had no problem with accessing the DVR via IE or the client software on the LAN, however I am in the process of setting it up for access from the Internet.

Unfortunately I have also had no success despite setting up dyndns, port forwarding ports 8841 and 9000.

Now however I have a new problem - I changed the default password, and now I cannot access via LAN at all - Error message of 'incorrect password'.

I am able to access via the DVR directly.

Anyone know what is going on here???

Any help and advise is much apreciated.

Regards

Peter