sexydadee

Elevator Cameras

Is there a special camera for elevators or is it enough just to fix a wide angle lens on a minidome camera? say a 2.2mm 1/3" lens on a 2 meter high elevator cab.

I'm not aware of anyone who makes a camera SPECIFICALLY for elevators. You'll have a hard time finding a minidome with a 1/3" sensor, or a 2.2mm M12-thread lens, but even a 1/4" with a common 2.6mm lens will give pretty much full coverage of the elevator. That's what we have in this installation:

elevator.jpg.33c16882ca34fb8c3686a7683c2f71fb.jpg

Speco has a nice hi-res camera for that application. it is part number CVC-607EXCM/2.5 , and can be seen here

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=704

I hope their cameras are better than their ad copy...

"This is a perfect 90 degree corner mount color camera which includes tamper resistant screws. The camera features 420 line resolution, 1/4"" CCD format and 2.9mm lens. It has a built-in electronic shutter behind a 16 gauge steel face plate. Also available with 480 line resolution and ExView 2.5mm lens: CVC-607EXCM/2.5"

In our case, we just repurposed a used Extreme dome...

I don't see the point of the IR in the Conway offering; any elevator should already be well-lit to comply with safety codes.

Speco has a nice hi-res camera for that application. it is part number CVC-607EXCM/2.5 , and can be seen here

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=704

I hope their cameras are better than their ad copy...

"This is a perfect 90 degree corner mount color camera which includes tamper resistant screws. The camera features 420 line resolution, 1/4"" CCD format and 2.9mm lens. It has a built-in electronic shutter behind a 16 gauge steel face plate. Also available with 480 line resolution and ExView 2.5mm lens: CVC-607EXCM/2.5"

In our case, we just repurposed a used Extreme dome...

I don't see the point of the IR in the Conway offering; any elevator should already be well-lit to comply with safety codes.

Its the difernece of what happens according to code and the reality of the situation.

We support many elevator systems in public housing and it is very rare for the lighting in the lift car to to specification.

Dirt, burnt acrylic, one tube blown are all very regular features of elevators in public housing schemes.

IR can be of use in these circumstances.

Ilkie

We had some fairly dark elevators with very bright lobbies, so we chose WDR cams (DeView WDR29ATM, board cam with bracket), in the Speco model BCCCM corner mount housing, worked very well for our needs.