SpyGuy10

Caution when buying from Surveillance-Video.com

Yeah, AFAIK, all CW484 models ship from the factory with a back-box. If you didn't get one, I would suspect that they're giving you a used camera that was originally flush-mounted and the back-box discarded after install.

Either that, or they're REALLY REALLY cheap and kept the back-boxes to go for metal recycling for a couple of bucks.

For your reference, Panasonic offers two versions of the WVCW484. The WVCW484F(Flush - no backbox included) and the WVCW484S(Surface - Backbox included).

The do the same with all of their outdoor vandal domes.

With the relatively constant on/off backorder status of the WVCW484S(and now WVCW504S) I often sold people the WVCW484F + WVQ115(Not positive about this number, I think this is the new one for the 504) because the WVCW484F almost never ran out.

BTW, I'm fairly certian that 123SECURITYPRODUCTS is not Canal. they probably use Canal as a supplier though.

BTW, I'm fairly certian that 123SECURITYPRODUCTS is not Canal. they probably use Canal as a supplier though.

Yes, perhaps a supplier. Some of my 123 orders have been drop shipped from Canal. Always had excellent service from 123.

Best,

Christopher

But SV's (canal) demo videos are from 123's shop in farmingdale.

I'm not 100% positive. I do know my previous company worked with both companies and from what I recall, they operated separetly.

I do find it interestly that the RMA address on 123securityproducts is Canal(I think someone actually already mentioned that)... maybe that relationship changed over the last year or so?

Yeah I watch their demo vids all the time .. they come from the store in the that shopping center in farmingdale .. front and rear of the store. Even 123 dont have all the demo vids that SV have on their youtube accounts

Yeah they probably do operate separately, some prices are even different at least on the sites. Maybe they are just friends or something.

This is why I try to purchase through the larger distrubition. If I have a problem they usually have a rma plan in place and you just fill out the paperwork and you are done.

Sometimes you get a deal but sometimes the fun begins.

I recently did an RMA with 123, well the client did, they took care of it right away, although the product was still bad, or incorrect - was not 123 fault though, it was being falsely advertised on the Manufacturer's website as something it was not.

This is from BBB.org looking up all three companies (BBB has them all as the same address):

Business Name: Surveillance Video

Business Address: 387 Canal Street

New York , NY 10013

Business Name: 123 Security Products

New York, NY 10013

Business Name: Canal Alarm Devices, Inc.

Do-It Yourself Surveillance Center

New York, NY 10013

I'm a bit nervous ordering from them with the issues and some of the ratings on BBB.

I always thought that 123 and surveillanve-video were the same company, now I know. I dont think you should be too nervous. I have ordered from them a couple of times. From what I hear, they sell on price only and you wont receive any service after the sell but if you are okay with that then go for it. I ordered a mount and they sent me a different type, it was actually a better one but I emailed them and never got a response, I never tried to call them because I was fine with the better mount they gave me.

Looks like there are some little price increase on 123security... with the new site.

Just look at some cnb products for example...

yes thats suggested retail price then they have a login for dealers, guess they are changing the way they do that site.

Maybe some manufacturer do not want to sell to the public with prices different from what they suggest ...

Some cameras here have more than doubled their prices

Maybe some manufacturer do not want to sell to the public with prices different from what they suggest ...

Some cameras here have more than doubled their prices

Price fixing in the US is illegal, so manufacturers are likely not dictating a minimum price, but they can control the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). Note that Minimum Advertised Price is not always the seller's minimum price. If you are an installer, you should be able to get a good deal.

Best,

Christopher

This is from BBB.org looking up all three companies (BBB has them all as the same address):

Business Name: Surveillance Video

New York , NY 10013

Business Name: 123 Security Products

New York, NY 10013

Business Name: Canal Alarm Devices, Inc.

Do-It Yourself Surveillance Center

New York, NY 10013

I'm a bit nervous ordering from them with the issues and some of the ratings on BBB.

Are there any other sites DBA this firm?

I hate it when businesses lie and cheat at this stage in a relationship. It grates on you to wonder what

will happen if something really goes wrong with the product will they be willing to help you out or will

they take their own sweet time as they already have your money. Unfortunately, the best prices often come from the worst suppliers.

I ordered something from 123 and it shipped from Canal Alarm Devices (tracking email from UPS). It was the correct item.

Canal Alarm Devices, Inc. is the parent company. So far not had any issues. But I use 123 not the other site. They even accept my foreign VISA card, unlike most others. I had some issue getting through on the phone to sales as I imagine they are that busy, but otherwise using the online ordering everything went through right away, also Any questions I ask via the site are answered almost right away, and in full technical detail, so that really impressed me.