francesco.ricci

Video Viewer and Email attachments

Hi guys,

I bought the DVR AVTECH AVC760AS with SATA drives because in the specification it is written that can send images via email. This is the most important features why I bought this DVR. With this DVR it is possible to use only Video Viewer but using this software there is no option to set the number of images to be sent via email. In fact I get emails with a single attachment that is a web page totally useless. How do I enable sending images?

Thank you

This item does not meet published specifications and does not have the key feature (sending images by email and ftp) so it is a scam product. How do I do in these cases?

ok i dont have the same DVR, I have an older IDE one, but using the network viewer software and "remote config", under "general" and "trigger" you can set the alarm to email you, and you set the number of frames, that is the amount of images it will send. Unfortunately it will send 1 email per image though, so if you set it to 4 frames then it sends 4 emails with just 1 single image per email. Additionally it seems to only send a small image in whichever view you have the DVR set to, 1 way or 4 way, and if in 1 way view it does not switch to the camera with motion. At least that is how it is with the Avtech DVR model I have.

Also, although it is an HTML formatted email, you can download/open the image attachment without viewing the message in HTML if you like; example, if you have your email reader set to read all messages in plain text for added security.

hi rory, thank you for your reply. In the older model width ide drives is possible to select the number of images sended by email or ftp but in the new vesione width sata drives this option isn't present. I suppose you use video server e where in the "alarm" menu you select the number of pictures, with my dvr version i must use video viewer where the "alarm" menu isn't present and the option to select the number of images isn't present. I've asked assistance to scorpion too but he says that this model can't send images. I've asked assistance to avtech by they don't aswer so i have a dvr that don't have the key feature.

You know how I can enforce my rights as a buyer and who i can contact?

Hi there, I use both Video Server E, and Video Viewer 0.1.6.1.

With the video viewer the area is "remote config", under "general" and "trigger"

It should show the frames, frames is the amount of images it sends.

What version do you have? Is there a "trigger" option in the remote config?

This DVR sends you a notification and the link sends you back to the video.

What you are asking for is a JPEG. Is this correct?

Only JPEG units can send a JPEG.

You will not be able to send a JPEG picture by email.

Hi rory,

I have video viewer version 1.6.2 and unfortunately I haven't the "trigger" menu. As scorpion says i think this dvr haven't this feature, the problem is that in each technical sheet and every site I've seen for this dvr (760AS not 760) is clearly written that can send jpeg images, I have bought just for this feature! So i think avtech MUST change my product but the AVTECH assistance tries not to hear my voice..... disconcerting

Hello, I spoke with AVTECH dealer and he told me that my DVR can also work in JPEG mode. He told me to set the resolution to "frame" instead of "CIF" and thus should be able to send jpeg images attached to emails. In your opinion is true? I've tried to set "frame" instead of "cif" in "record" menu but continues to send htm pages instead of jpeg images.......

I dont know, but I use frame anyway as its supposed to be the highest quality for this avtech DVR.