CHOPRAMO

AVC 761 and AVC 791 Can the audio be streamed over the net

Need some help.

Have been trying, unsuccessfully, to stream the audio channel of an Avtech 761 DVR over the net. The audio input is wired properly and has been tested on a speaker by connecting the output to it. So faulty wiring is not the problem.

The video is streaming perfectly. Hence, no problem there as well. It is just the audio that i am struggling with.

Another client with an Avtech 791 also wants to hear audio. I am afraid i might have the same problem there or with a Hikvision 7204, 7208 etc.

Am i doing something wrong or missing something???

Please Help

When you set the AVTech up did you use the AVTech program?

Been a while since I have done one of these but was there not an option for audio in the inital setup?

Just I seem to recall there was, will check later and come back to you

Dear Mr. Farr

Thank you for the quick reply.

Since my last post, i have been able to stream audio from the 791 on the net and am able to hear it on the Mac internet browser.

However, the 761 is still a problem. To answer your question, i have not used the Avtech software. I have been trying to listen to the audio using the Mac browser.

Lets test your DVR with internet explorer first. This DVR uses active x and I am surprised that you can connect to the DVR with a mac browser. Most mac users have to use quicktime.

Put the audio camera on input 1.

Using the monitor out check the status of the audio light. It will be blue for one mode, and yellow for the other mode.

Which mode is showing on your DVR?

If it is set for live audio then you should here audio with remote viewer.