sueum

Can you identify this please?

wire cutters!

I like it

I like this idea, much easier to get than a 300nm laser

Did I tell you I used to live in BC? British Columbia

Any way back to the light, so the purpose here it to point a bright or strong light at the lens, have I got that right please?

That is correct.

Think about what happens when someone shines a flashlight directly in your face - that's what you're doing to the camera.

And BTW, a standard cheap red laser pointer will be quite effective as well, in the same way (don't shine it directly in your own face!), and unless it's foggy, will be harder to pinpoint the source.

Yes, I have a Honda too

Ok, but what about during the day? My guess is that nothing will blind the camera,

I like the wire cutter idea!

The Police are showing some interest, an Officer specializing in CCTV went there, came back and said- my neighbour had problems putting it together to make it work,……..what do you think?

BTW how can I reduce pictures so that I can put them on this Forum? Or should I ask this on another thread?

That is correct.

Think about what happens when someone shines a flashlight directly in your face - that's what you're doing to the camera.

Small chance but

what if her neighbor using cam with "HLC" high light compensation"

will not be able to blind camera

I like the wire cutter idea!

That would require trespassing and vandalism. What's ironic is, you would probably be caught and prosecuted against trying to disable the very thing that would turn you in. Your neighbor would have the last laugh.

Have you tried the civil approach?

Calmly walk over, knock on his door, and express your concerns that you are being watched on your property. Ask to see the cameras live, before he has a chance to reposition them.

Ok, but what about during the day? My guess is that nothing will blind the camera,

If the camera has an auto-iris lens, no... if it doesn't, then daylight will make no difference - the lens is still allowing the same amount of light in. From the look of it, these are cheap cameras and not only would not have auto-iris lenses, but would probably be affected substantially by the bright light.

That is correct.

Small chance but

what if her neighbor using cam with "HLC" high light compensation"

will not be able to blind camera

I get the impression these are cheap, probably eBay-special cameras... a pen light could probably blind them.

I get the impression these are cheap, probably eBay-special cameras... a pen light could probably blind them.

Soundy

I got few samples

far from cheap and very impressive

varifocal,OSD, 600 lines ...

full package

Hi bpzle

Yes hun your are right, the wire cutters are just a bit of fun from the guy’s to lighten up my tension

I have tried that approach, can I give you some examples of his response and behaviour please?,

I rescued his dog from the main road, his last one was run over, I went and asked him to come and collect his dog, 15 minuets later the Police arrived, he had rang the Police and told them I had stolen his dog, I was very nearly arrested

When I get home from work he waits for me at my front door, He shouts abuse and obscenities like

O’y you f-ing old slapper,… and

My dog fu’ed you up the ar**,… and much more

When I go in my garden he plays classical music over the fence so loud that I can’t hear my friends speaking,

He has followed me around the supermarket so close that I could hardly put things in the trolley, this man is over 6 foot

So back to the light,

Yesterday he told the Police that he was not using his camera any more but he is not taking it down, but at night I can see his LED light shining in my CCTV, does that mean that he is viewing from that camera please?

Sue

ofcourse this is just hypothetical .. but id run around my yard with a couple machetes chopping up the bushes and trees acting really crazy, then id stand in the road singing old nursery rhymes really loud and out of sync, drinking rum straight from the bottle ... to get him thinking maybe i was crazier then him. that dont work id get a really noisy couple of dogs and put them out in the yard all night so they bark and annoy the crap out of him. Then id set my alarm off all night just to annoy him even more. id play rap music all night long with serious bass. Other then that when he cussed me at my door id cuss him out even stinker until he came over on my property and then id give him a good beating he wouldnt forget .. if it was here id just chap him or cap him at that point .. but in the UK I understand the law is different .. either way self defense as he trespassed but ofcourse id have to drag him into my house to be compliant with the law, maybe slap him up a little more while waiting for the cops!!

on a serious note .. he is lucky you are so nice ... he wouldnt last a minute around the wrong person shouting obscenities at them!

as for the camera ... cant say .. dont know your laws.

to the supermarket .. id cry rape and point the finger at him .. if i was a woman that is

hmmm .. I dunno .. maybe im not such a nice person after all ..

I think some brothers once said “Cruel but fair” that would seem to apply here I think!

Any way, his house is 100 yards away, so can’t do the rap or alarm thing,

So back to evidence,

The Police say- I need to run a camera microphone to the point where he abuses me, about 30 feet away in a straight line to my TV Video recorder, what would be the best way without him knowing please?

How can I put a picture of me on my Avatar please?

I have to say it is pretty sad to hear your story and think the police basically don't care. Do you have any other neighbors and have you talked to them about the situation? Seems if 2 or 3 neighbors would speak up about this guy, maybe then the police would do something about it.

From the police point of view if you say he is a nut and he says you are a nut... it puts the police in a position where it is just one persons testimony vs another persons. On the other hand if 2 or 3 neighbors give their version, then the police can take action.

I have to say it is pretty sad to hear your story and think the police basically don't care.

Unfortunately, even if they do care, there may not be much they can do about it other than just having YET ANOTHER "chat" with the guy. They can only enforce the law as it is, not as it could or should be. I don't know about UK legal process, but it seems it would be more up to the city council at this point to determine that this guy is breaking a bylaw, and have the police enforce that (do they have separate bylaw officers there? over here, the city police would not normally perform bylaw enforcement).

Do you have any other neighbors and have you talked to them about the situation? Seems if 2 or 3 neighbors would speak up about this guy, maybe then the police would do something about it.

From the police point of view if you say he is a nut and he says you are a nut... it puts the police in a position where it is just one persons testimony vs another persons. On the other hand if 2 or 3 neighbors give their version, then the police can take action.

This.

Yea, I would talk to others and get a few people complaining about him.

Is this camera on your property? I dont understand, because you say its looking in your window, but then you say he lives like 100 yards away?

Maybe it's time to take a pellet gun to this camera.132146_1.gif

Make it look like some crazy kids, maybe shoot some other stuff too. Like that sensor, and the spot-light camera.

(I'm joking!)

Well let's work with Sue with what she has to limit her cost (legal and emotional). So Sue, here is a video of what lasers do to cameras. This is a red laser, it does NO PHYSICAL damage, it just keeps the camera from seeing things. Blue and green are not only expensive, but someone else noted that they are illegal in some areas. Red lasers are very inexpensive, around $5usd.

<----- that's the red laser in a camera.

Also, you took pictures of his camera with your... Camera phone? I'm assuming this can do video. When you come home, go outside, go ANYWHERE where you think he might be switch over to video mode, don't necessarily record video, remember the video portion records AUDIO as well. That''s evidence. With the time stamp placed on the video BY the phone, and the time placed on your phone by YOUR CELL provider, you can't fake the time and embellish your story. I call that a poor man's attorney.

If he want's to play the crazy game, I would suck it up, take a deep breath and go over asking him what the cameras are doing and where they are pointed. If he refuses to give ANY information, then it's fair game.

Stand in the front of his house, and just stare at his house, and do this as long as you can. The scariest people aren't the people with the nukes that launch them, they are the people with the nukes, that wait. Grab a set of small ear bud headphones, an mp3, minidisc, walkman, cd player, and play some music so you don't get bored and mess with his head! <- I'm half serious here, if he want's to play then by all means. My mom raised just me, with just her. She's a huge fighter. We used to hunt her stalker, we snuck up on him with a gun and he was scared sh1tless as he stared at our house. That's why I'm a little sick here, but NEVER let anyone walk on you.

If you wear a watch, pretend to yawn and bring your watch as close to your eye as possible, you'll notice you get a DAMN good reflection. Mine is quartz crystal so it's flawless and mirror image EVERYTIME. If he's behind you at the store, don't let him know you know he's there, just go down isles that make him nervous, toiletries, feminine care, household cooking (knives...) practice using these items IN the store, but not in the kitchen. "well let's see, how does this feel as a bat, no I much prefer the swift clean cutting motion of Master Zhin Zhu's all purpose cut's it all stainless steel knife."

If anything I just said is illegal, then don't do it. Be creative. But i also like the idea of standing in the street singing nursery rhymes, that's a good one.

Is this camera on your property? I dont understand, because you say its looking in your window, but then you say he lives like 100 yards away?

Make it look like some crazy kids, maybe shoot some other stuff too. Like that sensor, and the spot-light camera.

(I'm joking!)

Oooo, lots to answer! I have read them all, just love it,thank you

to answer you first Birdman Adam

I live out side the City, my boundary is over 100 foot long separating me from him, his house is at the other end from mine, his rear access gate opens near my front door, that is where his camera is which looks in to my home,

I bought some CCTV this week, but there are problems, can you help please?

It is wireless with 4 channels for 4 cameras, ...2 channels go fuzzy when I watch them, can you tell me why please?

Sue

(I'm joking!)

I live out side the City, my boundary is over 100 foot long separating me from him, his house is at the other end from mine, his rear access gate opens near my front door, that is where his camera is which looks in to my home,

It is wireless with 4 channels for 4 cameras, ...2 channels go fuzzy when I watch them, can you tell me why please?

Sue

Hi sue. your problem is your system being wireless it never works. if you can send it back. you will get problems from mobiles/ wireless routers/ bluetooth / baby monitors / electric gates.

Hi sue. your problem is your system being wireless it never works. if you can send it back. you will get problems from mobiles/ wireless routers/ bluetooth / baby monitors / electric gates.

Hi Tom

SO……. Does that mean that my neighbour is having the same problem with his? they are the same make as mine, as in my pictures above,

So .. effectively …I can stop his signal from working too? If he is using the equipment as in the picture

And Tom ..I have contacted planning, they say his camera is now subject to planning and will be investigated

Thank you

(I'm joking!)

Sue

Its because you bought cheap toys. Real wireless CCTV gear is probably not in your budget, nor is it practical in your situation. Take it back and tell the people on the forum what your budget is. They'll try to steer you in the right direction, if possible.

Its because you bought cheap toys. Real wireless CCTV gear is probably not in your budget, nor is it practical in your situation. Take it back and tell the people on the forum what your budget is. They'll try to steer you in the right direction, if possible.

I think budget has been over taken by events,

I put my cameras up on the side of my home, it looks at his back fence and camera as you see in my pictures above, the Police have just been around and asked me to take then down because he doesn’t like it

Did you mention to them that his cameras are annoying you?

They asked him to take his down but he refused,

the Police insisted I take mine down so I did

Really, I don't think putting up your own cameras at this point accomplishes anything anyway - you don't actually care what he's doing back there, you just want him to stop watching you.

Of course, if you just want to irritate him, you just need a couple of big, obvious fake cameras or empty housings that you can point at his house... domes like he has, you're never quite sure what they're looking at, but a box-type housing, it will be really clear what direction it's aimed. Get something like this, stick it on the side of your house, and point it at his bathroom window:

132154_1.jpg

You won't actually have a camera point at him, but he won't know it

The Police have told me not to put my camers there,

The implication was – if you do we can’t do anything for you,

His camera is invasive but it is the abuse that causes me the fear,

If I could get a reliable microphone near his shed and record what he is saying that would help me with the Police, they say they need proof and this would give it

Do you have any suggestions please?