sueum

Can you identify this please?

I think budget has been over taken by events,

I put my cameras up on the side of my home, it looks at his back fence and camera as you see in my pictures above, the Police have just been around and asked me to take then down because he doesn’t like it

Sounds like the police there are morons.

Just adjust the camera so it doesnt look at his property, they cant stop you from having a camera on y our property, sue them if they try!

The Police have told me not to put my camers there,

The implication was – if you do we can’t do anything for you,

Sounds like the police there are morons.

Just adjust the camera so it doesnt look at his property, they cant stop you from having a camera on y our property, sue them if they try!

The police are right. She's trying to get them to do something about the neighbor pointing a camera at her property... but then she's pointing a camera at his? There may be very little the police can do about HIM under the law, but if she's doing the same thing, then she has NO room to complain about him doing it.

If there's no law against what the guy is doing, or no proof of his breaking any laws, then no, there isn't anything the police can do about it. They can't climb up the pole and take the camera down themselves. That doesn't make them morons.

[quote name="sueum"His camera is invasive but it is the abuse that causes me the fear' date='

If I could get a reliable microphone near his shed and record what he is saying that would help me with the Police, they say they need proof and this would give it[/quote]

Is he making these threats directly to you, in conversations with you?

Pick up a small voice recorder and carry it with you in a pocket or something. You can find cheap tape-based ones at liquidation stores, yard sales, etc. Or if you have a mobile phone with video-recording capability, that will also record audio... just start it recording and drop it in a pocket before confronting him.

They are morons for just telling her to remove the cameras, they are supposed to treat her the same as others and just tell her to adjust it so it is not looking at his property. Ofcourse they should not be saying anything unless they see the video first to see what the cameras are looking at. Last I checked its not against the law to install cameras on ones property in the UK?

No, it's not, but again, the point is, she doesn't want the neighbors cameras pointed at her property, yet if she's pointing cameras at his, then LEGALLY that leaves her no room to complain about it.

The neighbor is claiming his cameras don't point at her house, and aims them away when the police come around, so they have nothing against him... again, even if she DOES have cameras pointing somewhere else, her putting them up removes any right she has to complain about the neighbor having cameras, especially if nobody can gain proof of them actually pointing at her house.

Since she has no security concerns other than this neighbor, and no other reason to have cameras up other than to thumb her nose at the neighbor, then it's in her case's best interest to simply not have cameras up.

The police are not telling her it's wrong to have them up; they're giving her good advice to not hurt her case.

I was just going by what she posted, she just said they just told her to take them down. Maybe we dont have the full story. And yes she is doing what she didnt want him to do, but he started it

I was just going by what she posted, she just said they just told her to take them down. Maybe we dont have the full story.

You do if you read more than the first sentence:

I was just going by what she posted, she just said they just told her to take them down. Maybe we dont have the full story.

You do if you read more than the first sentence:

I was going by this post:

They asked him to take his down but he refused,

the Police insisted I take mine down so I did

Yes, all of this is correct,

Rory said - Sounds like the police there are morons….which is understandable. I understand some of the Police comments, except when they will not allow me to have a defence

A week has past since I removed my camera and his camera is still there, the Police came around last night and said there was nothing they could do to make him take his camera down, but they insisted I was not to put mine up again,

Since my camera was taken down I have had lots of abuse and death threats but no video evidence to prove it,

Now their son has turned up who smashes up my car and damages everything in my garden

I don’t know what to do

Unfortunately the cameras won't help you with the threats - you need audio for that. Look into the pocket memo recorder.

If the police can't stop him from having cameras, they can't stop you either. They know this; hence, their advice is meant to help you maintain your case against the neighbor.

If you do decide to put the cameras back up, hide them - put them under the eaves of the house or elsewhere that they won't be noticeable. Your property is now being damaged, nobody could blame you for wanting to protect it.

Definately get something up that views your property, such as the car and yard, just dont point it onto his and you should be fine. Or use hidden cameras as soundy mentioned. Catch them in the act then the cops can prosecute. Otherwise setup an alarm system and use a camcorder to catch them in the act ... then call the cops.

Thank you,

I have read all of your comments and help

Two weeks ago the Police asked me to remove my CCTV which I did, as said above,

They said they asked my neighbour to remove his CCTV which he agreed to, but hasn’t, in fact he has had it upgraded by a local installer, but still only one camera

Two weeks on and I have now ignored the Police (What have they done for me?)

and had new CCTV of my own installed,

Which is-

A colour motorised tilt and turn digital camera, on the roof

Two Black and White motorised cameras with audio, out the front

Four static Black and white cameras with audio, strategicly placed

Four monitors,

Four video recorders,

And a Four way controller

all worked and viewed from my office chair (PC room)

Now this covers all of the boundary and the front of my home and gardens, I feel quite pleased

Do you think I have gone too far?

Sue

This guy is NOT safe at all! If you were my daughter I would've made you move already. Now his son is an a-hole too! Unbelievable! You need to let everyone and their brother know what's going on because psycho boy is dangerous. No denying that fact!

First off, drive around with your camcorder and record your every movement and his foul language. Or, maybe it's time to contact somebody about covert camera and audio recording (in your hat, button, or the one that looks like your headset for the phone... something!). Do not take this lunatic lightly!

Can you put a tree or a flag up in front of his camera? Also, go buy big ass spot light! Shine that right into his camera it'll be useless. If the cops say anything, tell them you saw a peeping tom (aka freak boy neighbor). Next time, i saw a bear. Next, I saw a raccoon. If he can say bullcrap every time you call them... so can you! Plus you won't bee shining it into his house, but you'll be disabling that camera. If it were a b/w camera you could buy an IR illuminator and shine it directly into the camera. he won't see the light and neither will you, but that camera sure will and all he'll see would be a washed out white spot on his video!

Bottom line... get the "blank" out of there!

Hi

It’s been a few weeks because of problems,

Do you remember I posted this picture below?

I have reason to think it is a hidden microphone; he is taping my voice on my property

My question is

Doe’s it have to display a sign, is it illegal with out one?

PS, sorry, the picture has not come out, it is the one in my firts post

Hi

Can you help and identify the item on the fence please, its on my fence, it was put there by my neighbour but I cant do anything about it, its about the size of a domestic light switch,

many thanks

Sue

[attachment=0]013 - Copy.JPG[/attachment]

I dont know what the rules are in the UK, but in the US its illegal to record audio without their knowledge. So if it is a microphone, then he would have to put up a sign.

Now I thought earlier in the thread we determined it was a motion detector???

I really think its gotta be a motion detector, and not a microphone.

My first thoughts were an external push button to video cameras or microphones in his shed near by,

He seems to wait at this point or appears when I am there, he starts calling abuse at me through the fence, then he goes quiet, then he seems to be waiting for something,

Sue

[attachment=0]Stolen Road Coans 003 - Copy (2).JPG[/attachment]

that is a very old B/w micromark 1 camera cctv. and the fence part is an extra sensor.

Maxicam PIR floodlight, hidden CCTV camera in a PIR floodlight, black & white picture, plugs into your aerial system via a suuplied modulator (optional) to view on any connected TV, 120 degree PIR sensor detects movement and switches lights ON for approx, 4 minutes (automatic nighttime only), remotecontrol keyfob temporarily switches floodlight ON to see the camera view at night-time, 300watt lamp, 17mts of cable and key fob.

Product Code : MM40012

a cheap lasser pen will sort it out

could the microphone be in the camera and be set off by the sencer?

He's probably using the motion sensor to tell when you are out, to be able to harass you at that point. That picture looks a little like some microwave-based motion sensors I used in the 80's, does the dome section face your direction?

He's probably using the motion sensor to tell when you are out, to be able to harass you at that point. That picture looks a little like some microwave-based motion sensors I used in the 80's, does the dome section face your direction?

Hi

No, it faces towards him, but with what you have said, here is a thought,…he maybe using his sencer to set off his video and audio when I am at this point,

Last week I was visited by the Police with an audio tape said to have been me abusing him, when in fact I was sitting in my car on my drive talking to myself about him,

He has put a microphone in his fence at the point where I sit in my car when I park it, and perhaps he activates it at a convenient time by the censor

Or am I talking out of my exhaust pipe?

Not sure if the laws are similar in the UK, but in the US, that audio recording done without your permission would be illegal, and his providing it to the police would be an admission of guilt that could be prosecuted.

after looking at the picture...

you say is on his side of the fence, so i am guessing the car i can see through the fence is yours?

diagonally is a very odd way to mount a box like that, there WILL be a reason... did he record video of you in your car? if so, its possible there is a tiny camera in the corner of the box that looks through the gap in the fence panels. although, my guess is that is is just a microphone...

get up at 2AM or something when he is asleep, go round and DONT SNIP THE WIRE! just use scissors to carefully take the sheeth off the wire so you have access to the wires inside, then without cutting through the copper, cut the sheeth off again, then get an extension lead or something, cut the end off (in this case, cut the extension lead off, get the brown and blue wires, twist them on to the wires coming from his microphone, wrap tape around the wires so that the brown and blue from the extension lead can not touch, then plug your plug in and listen to the BANG from the box, then cut the wire at each end of your 'modification' so it just looks like someone has cut through the wire.

due to not wanting legal stuff on my back, im joking. BUT what i have suggested will work.

failing that, give us your address and i'll sort his cameras out.

I hate threads like this.

MOFO OP gets everybody sucked in with a bizarre yet strangely compelling story, and then never comes back to tell us how the story ends!!

I hate threads like this.

MOFO OP gets everybody sucked in with a bizarre yet strangely compelling story, and then never comes back to tell us how the story ends!!

Come back please!