zakdoc89

Alternative Software For Kodicom system

Hi all (First post here)

I need some help with my cctv setup.

I currently have a Kodocom Diginet (PC Based) DVR system, I used to use Windows mobile, however I've upgraded to a Phone with an android OS. The problem is the PDA software for the Kodicom systems does not run on android, neither can I use a standard web browser since it does not support activeX. What I thought would be a possible solution is to install a different site software. One that will support android. I need your advice. Is it possible? and what are the alternatives?

I think it the system is the KODICOM KRE-301 RX

Thanks

Hi all (First post here)

I need some help with my cctv setup.

I currently have a Kodocom Diginet (PC Based) DVR system, I used to use Windows mobile, however I've upgraded to a Phone with an android OS. The problem is the PDA software for the Kodicom systems does not run on android, neither can I use a standard web browser since it does not support activeX. What I thought would be a possible solution is to install a different site software. One that will support android. I need your advice. Is it possible? and what are the alternatives?

I think it the system is the KODICOM KRE-301 RX

Thanks

I know this is an old post but I figured it might help some people. I was in the same situation you were in and figured out a ghetto way of seeing the cameras from my android phone. Basically this is what I did using a product called Splashtop which is really basic to setup.

1. Make sure you can view your cameras locally in IE.

2. Install the Slashtop Streamer on your machine with your Diginet server.

3. Make your default homepage in IE on this box point to your webserver page webdvr.html.

4. Install the Slashtop client on your Android device.

5. Launch the client and connect to your Splashtop Streamer.

6. You will bascially be in an RDP session now simply launch IE and there are your cameras.

This will work over 3G as well but will need a bit more work. Slashtop has a page on how to do this.

http://support-remote.splashtop.com/entries/514213-how-do-i-connect-to-my-home-computer-outside-from-home-via-remote-network-or-3g

Thanks for the reply, I myself have been trying without much success to use Real VNC and the like of it. I will give this a shot and pray for the best

Thanks for the reply, I myself have been trying without much success to use Real VNC and the like of it. I will give this a shot and pray for the best

Let me know how it goes.

So I tried it and I can get into the system BUT all camera screens are Black. I can do pretty much anything, except see any images... dunno but I think the best bet would be to change the dvr software

So I tried it and I can get into the system BUT all camera screens are Black. I can do pretty much anything, except see any images... dunno but I think the best bet would be to change the dvr software

The cameras in my Diginet Site are black as well. This is why you have to launch IE. For me I see the cameras in IE.

Hi, you can forget about Kodicom's working with mobile PDA etc..with Diginet. I had the same thing myself with a 16 channel dvr. It is not stable constantly disconnects. For more info you can try www.kodicom.ro but they will tell you the same unless a new software version has been released until now.