So I can't be the only one... Everywhere I go I'm constantly looking at ceilings and walls and checking out who's using what. I just can't help myself.

Some of what I've seen is absolutely hilarious. I've seen some 1970s-80s looking equipment still use. One of the funniest I saw was a dome, that probably weighed 75lbs and was the diameter of a child's swimming pool.

I just wanted to start a thread and see if you guys had stories or even pictures of removing some really old CCTV gear. What's the oldest stuff you've removed, and was it still working?

So I can't be the only one... Everywhere I go I'm constantly looking at ceilings and walls and checking out who's using what. I just can't help myself.

Some of what I've seen is absolutely hilarious. I've seen some 1970s-80s looking equipment still use. One of the funniest I saw was a dome, that probably weighed 75lbs and was the diameter of a child's swimming pool.

I just wanted to start a thread and see if you guys had stories or even pictures of removing some really old CCTV gear. What's the oldest stuff you've removed, and was it still working?

Got some cracking photos of some botch jobs that I have had to repair.

Will upload when I get home

We get some oldies in that are taken down from retailers stores that weigh a ton. Some of these old 1980 B/W box cameras you could use as a good dumbbell. I know I sound like a geezer but they just dont make electronics like they used too.

Have a customer that still has some Pelco ED29 "Harris Dome" PTZ/Enclosures still operating, they weigh 50 pounds, plus the PTZ drive and camera, probably about 75 pounds total. They are 25 inches square, and 25 inches deep. They look like a large planter box hanging upside down over your head.

Removed a few Ikegami B/W tube cameras from a convenience store a while back, too, should have taken some pictures of those.

A hardware store near me has some old cams, must be at least 30 years old. The thing is huge, and the plastic has turned brown with age. I will maybe snap some pics (without being obvious) next time I'm there!

131818_1.jpg

110V direct wire... this one was a beast

haha! nice!

I funny par is I took this image with the new Arecont 8185 I installed...... I think that old camera had a VCR slot on the side for local storage!!

Bizarrely we actually have people who are disappointed when we discuss cameras. They equate size with the camera being good. Only last week I had a chap looking for a CCTV system for his builders yard. We were showing him cameras with an effective 50-60 metre range and and he expected the camera to be the size of a dog kennel.

A sub thread to this could we what's the smallest camera you've ever pulled out of the largest enclosure

There is a private house quite near us which has cameras large enough to have been pulled off the roof of the American Embassy in the 1970's. He's got them stuck on the side of his semi-detached 2 story house and I chuckle to myself every tie I drive by. They probably stopped working 20 years ago.

Henry

What I had seen the oldest cameras came from an old fatory. Frankly, I didn't know its real function. I asked the guy. He said that it used for checking radiative things. Horrible