scottj

New GeoVision GUI coming very soon....Finally

Saw it today but can't share it yet. Looks about 800% better, no more cartoonish look, looks very professional and they finally paid someone who uses more than MS Paint to design it. The multiView application through IE is different also in order to match the main system. Looks good, real good. Most certainly an A+ for geovision.

Also, there will be a new geoboard out that uses an S3 chip (remember the S1???), this chip will be required in order for the latest version of 7.0 to work. I imagine that the dongle will be required also.

scottj

Cool, anyway, im going to put together a "WANTED" list for a DVR, a no BS no FRILLS list of what we actually NEED in a DVR ... with some ideas taken from the stand alones AND the PC DVRs all into one ... over the weekend ill post it here ...

800% better? Can't wait to see it.

Chips N Dongles. Don't know who to believe now, as I was told by the store we got our card from only the Dingly Dongle was required.

There is still some debate of whether to use the S3 chip scenerio from my understanding, but I see it coming. But yes, the GUI is sharp in respect to other systems out there. Very professional and friendly to the eyes.

scottj

I see they are claiming 720x240 and 720x480 in v7+ software. I am wondering what 720x240 @ 30fps looks like and if it is actually smooth motion. I can't get smooth motion at 640x480 with our GV800-4 and 1 cam, so I am curious.

GSS, what is your configuration for your system? The reason I ask, is that various chipsets on the mainboard as well as the types of VGA boards make a huge difference. The list that Geo sugest is bogus, they have little knowledge of the actual chipsets, I think they just make things up as they go along to fil in blank space.

We have tested about 30 different board scenerios and had different results each time. It may just be a latency issue that can be eliminated with changing one of your support components.

scottj

The USB dongle still cracks me up. Grabbing the driver/firmware and faking it in software will be trival for the companies that pirate Geo.

Oh I agree Thomas. A less than 5 minute hack and the dongle is no longer an issue. It really is rather silly.

P4 2.4 GHz

ASUS P4PE (BIOS rev 1002)

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 128MB

1GB DDR (333MHz Kingston ValueRAM I believe)

Does the current hardware support 720x480 or do you need the Hybrid Card?

The hardware supports the higher resolution. It always has, but they never designed the software to support the hardware was the real issue.

Hmmm, this Eclipse has 740x480 also, and its a cheap card ..!!

Oh yeah and the image quality is not as good as the Iview by the way .. by far.

Hmmm, this Eclipse has 740x480 also, and its a cheap card ..!!

Oh yeah and the image quality is not as good as the Iview by the way .. by far.

Are you referring to the Geo or Eclipse?

the eclipse 4 channel cheap card.

Reemember though that 740x480 still wont be clear in full screen on one camera, if you are running 1024x768 or higher ...they need to come out with at least 1024x768 for it to make a real difference.

The last card we used came without a dongle but with the version 7 software.

Guess the dongle is only needed for upgrades.

btw higher resolution makes a huge difference especially to enlarging recordings (can only speak for PAL)

So when exactly is this new GUI coming out? Anyone got any ideas?

I spoke to Geovision at IFSEC and all they said was its coming out soon, he refused to give me a month

Send me your email CCTVINSTALLER and I will send you a few screenshots of the preliminary GUI

You can d/l 7.0 from several site but i got keypro error on cards i tried on so i must need the dongle or use hasp emulator. Any try Yahoo search for Geovision 7.0 download and you will find it

Unless you have the very latest cards that came with 7.0 then you need the dreaded dongle. These are free from your Geo distributor if you supply them with the serial number off the card.

Yes, dongle is needed to upgrade past chipset cards to 7.0. Cards with latest chipset will not need the dongle.

-WC-

Well I had to pull our card yesterday and get the S/N to give to our dealer so they can order this damn ding dongle.