fyrey

Login over LAN, can't login over internet KGUARD KG-SHA104

Dear all,

I've been reading and enjoying this site for a very short time - I'm relatively new to CCTV and am experimenting with my first system. I'm really hoping that one of you guys can help me out.

Firstly, I'm very sorry if my searching of the site has missed an obvious answer to my problem.

I have bought and am testing a KGUARD KG-SHA104 system. It works great, but I'm stuck when trying to access it over the internet.

To get as much info to you as possible, I am connected to the internet via a cable modem to which my router, a D-Link DIR-615, is attached. I have reserved the IP address 192.168.0.2 for the DVR and that is working fine. I have put into place the correct port forwarding details - having changed the media and web ports from their default values to new 'clear' ports (the DIR-615 will only admin on port 80, so I had to change - 2406 and 1012 respectively).

Furthermore, I have created and successfully configured my DynDNS account to match a free domain with my IP address. (http://xxxxx.yyyyyyyyyyy.org)

The problem is as follows:

I can connect, using IE7/IE8, to the DVR locally at http://192.168.0.2:1012. I am presented with the normal, as expected login screen - from here, when I click 'login' with no password, I can view the cams and enjoy the software.

136961_1.jpg

If, however, I connect using my DynDNS (http://xxxxx.yyyyyyyyyyy.org) or even the WAN IP address of my internet connection then I see the following screen. It almost looks like the same screen, but from here I cannot proceed any further.

136961_2.jpg

Note that the IP address field is now empty and the media port is now '0'. When I click Login, I get a small caption that simply says 'Login failed'. Maybe also worth pointing out that if you look at the icon in the tab heading of the page, this page still appears to be loading - I can wait 20 minutes and it will still show the circular moving 'loading' sprite.

Simply put, I can log into the system through my local LAN using the local 192.xxx network addresses, but if I try from outside the system, I seem to access the server, but there's some problem with the authentication process (I think?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear all,

I've been reading and enjoying this site for a very short time - I'm relatively new to CCTV and am experimenting with my first system. I'm really hoping that one of you guys can help me out.

Firstly, I'm very sorry if my searching of the site has missed an obvious answer to my problem.

I have bought and am testing a KGUARD KG-SHA104 system. It works great, but I'm stuck when trying to access it over the internet.

To get as much info to you as possible, I am connected to the internet via a cable modem to which my router, a D-Link DIR-615, is attached. I have reserved the IP address 192.168.0.2 for the DVR and that is working fine. I have put into place the correct port forwarding details - having changed the media and web ports from their default values to new 'clear' ports (the DIR-615 will only admin on port 80, so I had to change - 2406 and 1012 respectively).

Furthermore, I have created and successfully configured my DynDNS account to match a free domain with my IP address. (http://xxxxx.yyyyyyyyyyy.org)

I can connect, using IE7/IE8, to the DVR locally at http://192.168.0.2:1012. I am presented with the normal, as expected login screen - from here, when I click 'login' with no password, I can view the cams and enjoy the software.

136961_1.jpg

If, however, I connect using my DynDNS (http://xxxxx.yyyyyyyyyyy.org) or even the WAN IP address of my internet connection then I see the following screen. It almost looks like the same screen, but from here I cannot proceed any further.

136961_2.jpg

Note that the IP address field is now empty and the media port is now '0'. When I click Login, I get a small caption that simply says 'Login failed'. Maybe also worth pointing out that if you look at the icon in the tab heading of the page, this page still appears to be loading - I can wait 20 minutes and it will still show the circular moving 'loading' sprite.

Simply put, I can log into the system through my local LAN using the local 192.xxx network addresses, but if I try from outside the system, I seem to access the server, but there's some problem with the authentication process (I think?).

Did you get this sorted? I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and I can't get the e-mail working! I followed all the instructions but no luck. I haven't got round to viewing over the Internet yet but have viewed over my network. This doesn't work on my iPad tho!

Check to make sure all of your ports are open. Go to your hosted LAN network and visit WWW.CANYOUSEEME.ORG It should pull up your WAN IP address and type in all of your ports that you use for your DVR and see if they are open.

Are you sure you are using the correct WAN IP address at the time you are logging in from the remote location? I have a Dynamic IP and whenever I type in an "Old" IP, it still gives me the login screen but it wont let me login. I then notice that my IP has changed to a different IP, so whenever I type in the right IP, it lets me login.

Of course if you have your dyndns configured correctly this should not be an issue.

As SEANHAWG said and...

Might be that something is not loading right in Internet Explorer. Your IE says that its in an unknown zone. IE usually says "Unknown Zone" when it is between one page and the next, before it has decided what zone the new page belongs in. Something is restricting IE from determining what zone to use.

Maybe active x is blocked. You may have to allow active x to run on Internet Explorer if the dvr uses it. Go to tools-internet options-security and set all zones to low if needed. Reset all levels to default or the original settings once done. Though you have a login screen, so I think active x is enabled.

See if your firewall is blocking access, either from your router or pc. Put your dvr address in the DMZ zone in your router to disable firewall to the dvr.

Ahh yes. I forgot to mention firewalls. I would temporarily disable all firewalls on both networks until you get it working. Once you get it working, then go in and configure what can pass through your firewalls.

I am still not getting any e-mails sent to my G-Mail account. I have the 4 zones set to send me an e-mail. Any ideas?

Try setting mail settings on dvr to port 465 or 587.

I am still not getting any e-mails sent to my G-Mail account. I have the 4 zones set to send me an e-mail. Any ideas?

Try setting mail settings on dvr to port 465 or 587.

I have tried both settings for e mail with no luck! I am beginning to think this system is no good at all

Dear all,

136961_1.jpg

136961_2.jpg

i have exactly the same problem at login!

but, i havent changed the media port. it's the default.

so i configured dyndns etc etc. but at login from IE the password is not accepted. (login failed)

note that i have changed dhe admin and user password from the dvr menu, but even with them i still cannot access from IE. (from internet)

To make it more strange, i can access locally with the default software from any pc of my network but it only accepts the password 123456 not mines!

and even with the password disabled from the menu i still cannot access from internet.

and localy again, with the password 123456 and only as a user.

i dont think it's the firewall. maybe media port? or maybe i have mixed and troubled the passwords? how can i reset the dvr ?

y'all need to go to your local network where your DVR is at and get on a computer there and visit the website:

www.canyouseemee.org

It will automatically show your wan IP. You then need to type in all of your ports being used for your DVR to see if they are open.

Another great tool is:

http://www.grc.com/default.htm

Scroll down to visit "shields Up"

Follow through to the page where you can click "All Service Ports"

This will show the status of all the ports from 1-1056

Finally i resolved it. it was the firewall of the router. i created another roule under the options of firewall to enable access of the local ip (dvr) that i wanted to communicate with over the internet.

Thanx 4the attention!

garyhgaryh, I'll give you a review since no one else has.

I'm pretty impressed with the unit although this is the first one I've ever purchased and setup for my home. The cameras are nice, they take good pictures during the day and decent pictures at night. They are not high def or anything. I have them set on the best recording level and they are more than sufficient.

The lights on the front of the unit are too bright for my taste. I unhooked the ribbon cable leading from the front panel to the MB to shut them of. Yes, I can't use the front buttons or the remote but it doesn't bother me since I can use the mouse to control it or log in remotely which I prefer. When you log in remotely, the web interface isn't that great. Not all of the options are available which would come in handy. I'd like to see the web interface be the exact interface as the on-screen interface.

I bought the unit for a little over $200 on NewEgg and bought the HDD they were bundling it with it (I bought it separate though, the deal was over). It recognized the HDD and the size of it but after formatting it, it still wouldn't recognize it to record on so I sent it back and ordered one that they recommend in the user manual.

Speaking of the user manual, it's not that great. It's very obvious that they do not have anyone with English as their first language writing it. The website is even worse. For example, go to the product page: http://global.kguardsecurity.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1555&modid=25&prodid=546

and read the FAQ --terrible!

As far as the on-screen interface, it pretty good. I have some complaints with it but for the price, you can't go wrong. Most of it is intuitive, some of it is not. Some of the broken English appears on the on-screen interface too. It boots up quickly and the network settings are simple to configure. There are lots of nice settings in there too!

I originally found this thread because I was having the original problem in the thread, I could log in fine from within the network but outside I could not. I could reach it, just not authenticate. For me, the problem was I forwarded port 80 but not the media port 9000 through the router.

I hate that I have to use Internet Explorer to access the web interface. I use Linux as my primary OS and this sets me back a little. They should have programmed it with a cross-platform method instead of active-x. Also, they support iPhone, Symbian, BlackBerry, BUT NOT ANDROID which sets me back as well. Oh well...

Viewing past videos through the web interface works well but freezes often for me and I tried it on several computers. It flags videos with motion with an exclamation mark so finding the interesting videos are fairly easy.

I'd like to see a wireless model (not wireless cameras but DVR) or support for a wireless NIC that can be plugged into the USB port. Being that it's a watered down Linux version, seems like it should be fairly easy to do. NOT being wireless meant that I had to get an old XP machine, put a wireless card in it (to connect to my lan) and a wired card (because I cannot get cable to my router so it has to go to the XP machine). So I'm using the XP machine as a router for the DVR. Since I needed wireless and it doesn't offer it, I had to come up with this solution which was kind of a pain but not a big deal. Also, I didn't see what license they released their software under, but it is running Linux and if it's GPL, it would be interesting to see what others could do with these units since they are very nice.

I read where some people complained that it only comes with 50' cables but I didn't mind, I just bought some shorter cables and some adapters. It actually saved me from having a large amount of excess wire just coiled up!

There's my 2 cents!

I hate that I have to use Internet Explorer to access the web interface. I use Linux as my primary OS and this sets me back a little. They should have programmed it with a cross-platform method instead of active-x. Also, they support iPhone, Symbian, BlackBerry, BUT NOT ANDROID which sets me back as well. Oh well...

Its very rare that a DVR supports an OS other than Windows, especially with browser access and especially a stand alone DVR. There are some though, a couple even have Non browser apps for Mac now. But otherwise there are ways to get around it, see this thread if you feel adventurous.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19615

Its very rare that a DVR supports an OS other than Windows, especially with browser access and especially a stand alone DVR. There are some though, a couple even have Non browser apps for Mac now. But otherwise there are ways to get around it, see this thread if you feel adventurous.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19615

Yep, I've been down that road with Wine but no luck!

Ok my problem is a little different. I can log in on he lan no problem. I can log in through dyndns but the camera screens are gray they never pop up to the live picture when viewing from outside. I have checked media port is forwarded port 80 is forwarded. Any suggestions

Ok my problem is a little different. I can log in on he lan no problem. I can login through dyndns but the camera screens are gray they never pop up to the live picture when viewing from outside. I have checked media port is forwarded port 80 is forwarded. Any suggestions

Are you able to see video (cams) when logged in locally to your network? Or are you getting greys no matter where you login?

If you are able to logg in but are seeing a gray picture instead of cams, It could be a graphics cards driver. I had this issue awhile ago.

Be sure to change to "prompt" the "download unsigned ActiveX controls. in the browser under internet options.

Also be sure your DVR info matches your routers info. This includes media port-port forwarding.

No everthing works fine on the local lan - Just grayed out when i log in from my dyndns account. I will check the active x prompts. When I first logged in it said it needed to run them I let it run the active x but just gray camera boxes

Ok my system did come up now through the dyndns account. But I had to revert back to IE explorer 8. Version 9 I believe has to many bugs. Worked on it for days - All my settings were correct. As soon as I uninstalled 9 and revertted back to 8 the system came right up.

Overall I am pleased with this system so far. Thanks for everyones input it did save me time setting it up. I have not tried the the email setup yet

Why not use the client software? Browser application for DVRs is generally not as good.

Why not use the client software? Browser application for DVRs is generally not as good.

I wanted the dyndns account to work in case I travel I can log in from basically anywhere there is a computer. You are right the client software is much better and will use it most of the time. Just wanted to get the browser side to work.

Thanks for your help

I'm having issues accessing mine as well from another network. Locally it works fine.

I am currently using a DGL-4300

I have also tried the exact same stuff on my other Netgear WNR-3500L

I have gone to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to test my open ports.

Everytime I go and create a port foward the router holds what I put in. The problem is once I go to test it by using the tool above or even trying to access my security cameras it doesn't work. I've never had troubles like this. My old dlink and linksys worked perfectly fine.

Now the second I make use of the Remote Management for the router feature it decides it wants to let that come through.

I went into WAN Setup and Enabled Default DMZ Server and entered in the local address of the security camera. I also set NAT Filtering to Open.

Still not letting anything come through for the camera.

I also set the port to 12345 thinking maybe the isp has cut off access for use of 80 or 8080. That still did not work.

The only setting I see the the router actually do is when you allow ping. Without it enabled I cannot ping from another network. Yet with it enabled I can ping just fine from an outside network.

Did you go back and check the port in the dvr setup? I noticed that when I changed the port using the mouse when I clicked apply it changed to 65536 or something. Took a bit of finagling to get it to stick.

I am having the no video problem with the web application.

I have several computers, web access works fine with 3, but fails to display anything on 1:

dvr-1.jpg

I am accessing over the local LAN, so no port forwarding issues.

The web control activeX control installed fine, and all functions work but there is no video. Even on the Replay tab the saved videos appear to play but display nothing.

My 3 other pc's which do work fine have identical software, but different hardware.

I think it has something to do with the Intel integrated graphics. The 3 other pc's all have video cards by ati, but this one uses the onboard Intel graphics. I also tried to load the web app from my work pc, which uses Intel graphics, and experienced the same problem.

I tried updating the video drivers but it had no effect.

Finally got it working. I bought a cheap Zotac videocard and put it in, and it still wasn't working. At that point gave up and disconnected the monitor. Then started on with it again working with the pc remotely over UltraVNC. After days of fiddling with every video setting possible, updated the video drivers, and then I tried disabling the 'mirror driver' in ultravnc. Rebooted and it was working. So I'm not sure if it was the video card, updating the drivers, VNC the whole time, or some combination. So if the Kguard activex dvrocx.ocx web dvr control seems to be working but shows gray boxes where video should be try disabling the mirror driver in ultravnc.

To add a new twist I have the same problem as the original poster only I get the same fail to log in if I use the client software but I am able to use the android app ip cam viewer to view my at xxxx.xxx.org with media port 9000 without any trouble, no idea whats going on that it doesn't want to let me log in over the net.