fdan4817

Some general camera questions

We have moved past the stage of choosing a DVR card and are now evaluating cameras.

We are most likely going to use some combination of domes and bullets (may or may not go with IR).

I would like some general impressions of the following camera manufacturers. I realize that specific cameras may have good/bad issues and know that I must examine the specs for any specific camera. But, just as most dealers/installers in this group avoid certain brand of boards, I am sure you have similar attitudes about camera makers. So, here goes:

Nuvico

KT&C

VITEK

I am looking at these specifically because they are the primary ones carried by the local dealer I am dealing with. It isn't that I don't trust him, I just always like to get a second opinion. If there are any manufacturers I should specifically avoid, that would be nice to know also.

Also, I am little unclear as to the advantage of an ExView CDD over a Super HAD CCD. Is it just the low light capabilities of the ExView or is there something else? I am gathering from what I read that I definitely do not want anything less than a Super HAD chip.

I should add that we would like to try to stay around $150/camera if possible, although if we had to we might go as high as $200. We are purchasing about 70 cameras and do have a budget, you know.

As always,

Thanks,

~Dan

Nuvico and VITEK are the same. They are not camera companies. Stick with brand names that specialize in cameras. Rory can explain better than I, what to use...he is "edge-em-a-cated" in this field. He is a walking cctv system

Nuvico.....don't know

KT&C....just tried the KC-N600Nh2, and the pic was not that great. day light was very "green" and low light was dark. no dip switches for setting. $200 camera. did not impress me. I'm sending it back. Spytown was SOOOOO busy on friday that they did not return my call when i was looking for a rma......hummm? go figure.

VITEK..no idea

take a look at eclipse. just plugged in a ecl-598him, $200. pretty good picture during the day and has a great night. i'd compare it to the speco 7706dvn, which i also have running $360. both machanicle filter and good camera's. also have the eclipse low light domes for a install tomorrow night.

as far as chips. be careful of advertising. make sure it is what it is...SONY! not a spin off.

******************. NO, i am not a eclipse dealer, rep, or otherwise. Juan has been good to me and i am passing his name as a good poc based on my experiences. he also is very knowledgeable in the eclipse line and so far i am impressed. i also tested a 4 channel mpeg4 dvr that seems to be pretty good compared to others, money waise, feature wise, and very slim case.

yeah i was wondering about the 598HIM, how does it actually compare to the provideo 7706DNV? They are trying to push it on us, we just brought in a ton of their other cameras to sell. I have the 4 channel 30fps card here right now actally in my PC. Also, was it the Nubix you tried? Only thing with the Nubix, I can get the same DVR from VA with a CDRW from the manu rep ...waiting on a sample. Im talking right now about getting the 598HIM on tuesday to demo.

598HIM

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/IRCAMS.html

Question .. where do you buy your eclipse from? Miami or somewhere else?

Rory

i think Juan is based out of NC and the parts are shipped from Holloywood FL. it is the nubix, and yes i wanted a cd cap[ability but what changed my mind was the fact that you can copy, print, save from the client. and it has a usb connection.

dvr card?mpeg4, right? hows the video quality?

only gripe i have with eclipse is that the domes i ordered had no spec sheets or install instructions, and the 598him had no specs on the dip switch. i have a call into juan to send me that.....seems that the documentation on the camera's is a bit "light" and/or missing.

Yep they dont really come with anything ... if you compare them to the provideo the provideo comes with the kitchen sink! The dome by the way that we just got from Provideo, has 2 dome covers, 1 clear and 1 smoked

No IR cut filter?

yes it has one.

Its basically a low light color dome, but has a BW mode, All they do to get BW is to kill the Chroma. What it does is get rid of alot of noise in low light. This is not a True Day Night Dome, they run another $100 or so, but its still neat. This has a fixed IR cut filter.