kalahas

Dahua DVR Remote Viewing

Hi

Setup:

I have a Linksys WRT120N Wireless router connected to ADSL Beetel 110 TC Modem. A desktop connected from the wireless router. DVR connected to linksys router.

1) in DVR my i.p is 198.162.0.100, Http Port: 80, TCP/UDP: 37777 and 37778.

2) Created a dyndns.com account(myname.dyndns.org) and gave the public IP. Installed update client to refresh any change in IP ( I have a dynamic IP) on the desktop.

3) In the wireless router did a port forwarding for the above ports.

But still I am unable to connect from internet to view my DVR.

My questions:

1) Do I need to do port forwarding in my ADSL modem also?

2) In the dyndns.com account, do I need to give my private IP or public IP.(currently I have given public IP.)

3) If I login from my desktop, with myname.dyndns.org, it takes it to my modem ( ADSL) administration page

4) I also checked with portcheck tool for 80, 37777 and 37778. However I get as port unable to reach.

5) How do I find what all ports does my ISP block?

Request you to give me a solution .

Thanks

Kalahas

Hi;

Config modem = bridge mode, router to PPPoE (according to your ISP)

port forward at your router

37777 TCP

37778 UDP

it should works

Hi

I tried as you have suggested. configured my modem in bridge mode and did a port forward in my wireless router. Still I am not able to see from outside. Internally I am able to connect to my DVR from Internet explorer.

Please suggest.

Thanks

If you connect a PC directly to the DVR, what is the IP address of the PC?

If the PC has an RFC1918 (NAT) IP address, like 192.168.x.x then you need to do port forwarding inside the router.

A lot of ISP's will block port 80. Quite a few have problems trying to go out from your network to the internet and then back in to you again.

Break your issues into pieces and work on each one. (no, not with a hammer)

1. Find your public IP address. You can go to http://www.ipchicken.com to get it.

2. Choose a different port, my ISP lets port 443 in OK.

3. From another network and PC, your friends house for instance, go to your web page with the port added to it. For example, 174.11.12.133:443. If you don't get your web page, then you probably still have a router issue. You can also set the DMZ on the router to point to your DVR. That way any unknown traffic will route to the DVR.

I found that a lot of business networks are blocking ports 37777,37778, I could get the web page but could not connect the video.

Once you have it working using just the IP address, then you can try doing it by name, and work out any issues there. Once that is good, you can try using the remote phone software.

Dave