Dirk_D

Divis 'security check error'

I have about 50 machines in the field that are all running Aventura Technologies version 4.03.04. The recordings this software version outputs, it's codec has been omitted from Windows Media Player - the videos just come up black when I try to play them on my win7 machine. This is a problem.

So I contact Aventura Tech support & they don't want to provide the new software, they just want to sell me more boards. The DVRs are functional, and this seems like a waste. I've bought some boards from DiViS, and chances are I'll stay with them for the forseeable future, but something has to be done for my existing clients.

I came across this forum today while trying to find a solution to the problem, & it appears that a couple of posters have figured it out. I've been working on this myself all day today with no luck.

Can someone help me with this?

here's a thread I stumbled upon:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8559

Normally, such as with other DVRs, you will need to install the codec on the PC you want to play it on. Once it is installed then it should play in Windows Media Player without any issue.

Easiest thing to do, if they dont have a codec installer, as long as they have an ActiveX, get that installed on the users computer. You can download it manually by checking the source of the webpage and then just use the file name after the website address and /

Once downloaded using something like Winrar you should be able to extract it, then install the Inf file by right clicking install. Some activeX cab files may actually contain a separate installer just for the codecs. Also if they have a remote client or playback software, that should also install the codecs. Additionally, even if you arent installing the card, the DVR card main software would install any codecs, so you could install that if you have it and just dont run the software.

If you still have no luck or find the above too much, let us know a link to the software and or link to grab the activeX.

I was able to do this on my XP machine but had difficulty on my win7 machine - but it doesn't cure my issue.

These systems are installed in restaurants, and as you may guess, police, detectives, etc request accident or event footage, and these people are usually somewhat computer illiterate. Having them click on the red exclamation point, read the error message, & download the codec, well that's not an issue for me, but it can be for my customers.

I'm hoping to find a way to update the software on these very functional machines - why AT is hard timing me I'll never know. I don't like their new cards, video quality, or gui as seen @ ISC west each year. I'm not going to be buying their equipment anyway until *I* decide it's time.

Yeah but what I am saying is as long as you will be playing it back on another computer, the codecs need to be installed on that other computer regardless of the DVR software on the DVR, either automatically by the playback software if the DVR supplies one, or if using Windows Media player, someone will have to initially install them. If you want to just play them in Windows Media Player, then will need to manually install them, as the DVRs custom codecs dont come with Windows nor Windows Media Player. This is the same for GeoVision and other DVRs. Some DVRs will convert it when you select to save as AVI.

For example, this is what I did for Geovision evidence sharing:

viewtopic.php?t=9760

Geovision has a player software that is created with the video when backed up, and that auto installs the codecs when it is run on another computer, but this was another option to just use Windows Media Player.

IIRC, GV spits out a player with its recording.

This system used to work well, now I'm scrambling to save face. Asking a cop with a notebook that may be on a VPN with limited internet access to download this is a bit much.

Having to explain to the courts or the insurance company that they need to download a codec to see the video... I'm not always in contact with these people.

So I see you're OK with asking these people to add something to their computer. I AM NOT. Please, if someone could address my problem that would be nice.

"security check error" <--- this is what I'm trying to deal with.

Yes GV gives you a player if you choose the Backup option, but it still has to install the codecs as I mentioned, it does this at each run, though the initial run is all that matters. If you save as AVI it does not give a player or codecs, though it does have another option to save as an EXE which auto installs the codecs, so it will then play in Windows Media Player. I was only trying to give you an other option as a workaround. As you can see from the following link, I use all options - obviously the backup with the EzViewLog player is the most common.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9745

My understanding was you were trying to play these with Windows Media Player?

Thats why I went the direction of installing codecs, as to playback raw video files recorded on a DVR in Windows Media Player, codecs must be installed somehow - in most cases.

This DVR has no player software? When you backup, does it not give any other options?

Anyway .. can you try run whatever player you are using in Windows XP Compatibility mode?

Doubt that will help though as it sounds like you are just trying to play the recorded files in Windows Media Player, and that way will require codecs to be installed - which is why it alerts you to download the codecs.

It sounds like the only option to get what you want, is to get some new software for each DVR that will send a player with the backup which automatically installs the codecs.

I may be wrong .. but I think AT cards might be hikvision? If so, you could look around for other software as there are a few that work with Hikvision cards - but you might not want to go that route either.

I'm looking for someone with experience with DiViS & a private-labeled DiViS machine, as in the linked thread. I'm trying to find & replace the files that make 'security check error' message go away. I'm trying to use DiViS software on AT branded machines like in the linked thread.

So - can anyone help me with the issue I'm having? If the issue is unclear then you don't know my problem and you can't help me. So thanks anyway.

The recordings this software version outputs, it's codec has been omitted from Windows Media Player - the videos just come up black when I try to play them on my win7 machine. This is a problem.
Normally, such as with other DVRs, you will need to install the codec on the PC you want to play it on. Once it is installed then it should play in Windows Media Player without any issue.

If the issue is unclear then you don't know my problem and you can't help me. So thanks anyway.

It seemed the problem was clear from the first post, but since nothing I said is useful then I guess I cant help, sorry.

I didn't say that. I don't mean to come off rude but I'm searching for the optimum solution before applying bandaids, so thanks for taking interest.

This is a pretty cool site, I'm glad I found it.

no problem .. give them time, if its not a common product it sometimes takes a little while until someone that knows the product comes online to check the forum.

I have tried to do this too, using the latest Divis software, with a Toshiba-Tec DVR which uses same cards.

Driver loads, I can see images in the camera settings, but the main app won't load.

Try googling Viewgate DVR, Toshiba, chance-i, vendoma and others.

I have a divis card floating around i'll fire it up and let you guys know... i'll also try and grab a video from a avermedia card i have...

then i'll try and play them in a regular windows XP virtual machine. see what happens. worse case the cops may HAVE to download http://www.videolan.org (VLC) plays just about everything. So i'll let you know. I made a detective download a codec pack before but i wrote SPECIFIC instructions.. he thanked me a month later because his computer was the only one able to play back a stabbing caught on tape at a bar. If you haven't found solution i'll give it a shot.

Also.. these 50 systems are all PC based? have you bought a newer aventura card recently? did it have a newer version of the software?