Maxima

I need an auto iris lens with manual zoom and auto focus

I just need to be able to manually zoom and not have to think about touching the focus, much like a camcorder.

Does such a lens exist for a box camera?

Yeah, it would have the plug for auto iris. I figured if it could provide power for the auto iris, auto focus would be no big deal, but it appears the options are limited.

I planned to use this for a front camera in a vehicle setup. There are units that are basically like what I want, but they are the camera and lens combined, almost like a camcorder with a harddrive and only an output. They are fairly large though, and look like a camcorder (worried about theft), and most are no name junk.

I was hoping I could just get a good small box camera so I could manually zoom in on something I needed quickly without having to deal with the focus.

I was just looking at that exact camera. I guess I was assuming from the pictures, they were the same size as my hand-held Sony Handycam hard drive camera. But after doing some more checking, I think they are just over 3in long and 2in high and wide.

I think that is going to be the best solution for me at this time. Thanks.

Could just go with a basic PTZ dome... all of them will autofocus, AND allow you to move and zoom the camera remotely.