niran916

Where to hide place DVR

Hello, I have my DVR's hooked up and hiden inside the fireplace. I was wondering if there is a better place to hide them. I was thinking the attic, although I am worried about heat up there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can hide them, just in case the house is broken into.

Thanks.

Well, I never use it, so this is why it is inside it lol.

Hi niran. everytime you see a old film were the house has blown up or had a fire ...... you always see the fire place still standing ........ mmmmmmmm so yes good place. But can you trust that farther christmas bloke to keep his mouth shut ?

I would probably put it in a closet or something like that...

Obviously it would have to have power to it, and running the cables to it for power + all the camera cabling, while keeping them hidden will be kinda hard..

I guess as long as the Fireplace is never used and it is sealed at the top then should be fine.

Otherwise a closet should suffice. Or you could build a small enclosed shelf with some vents on the sides and or back and keep it locked.

Really if they were to just cover the cameras or spray them with paint, or the cameras dont see that good, or if they were to cut the power and wait 20 minutes for the basic home UPS to shutdown, then hiding the DVR does nothing anyway.

It seems to me that, if you are so concerned by a break, you should have the alarm system installed too, if you don't have it already, and have it connected by phone or gsm to some local security firm or police.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I sealed the fireplace and one of the DVR's is on a UPS Backup that will keep it running for 1 hour.

I have no cameras inside my house they are all placed outside.