VJD

Freezer Camera

I have an installation that requires a camera in a walk-in freezer. I am looking at the Extreme CCTV EX14 and the Silent Witness Artic Hawk. Anyone have any experience with either of these cameras or have any other suggestions? I need to stay around the same price range as the above-mentioned cameras.

Are there any condensation or other installation issues to be worried about?

Thanks

Why put it inside? We had the same situation and put a cam at the only entrance. They were stealling meats.

Those with meat should monitor their meat and make sure those who remove meat from the freezer have rightful access to the meat. Because meat is meat and no one should be messing with one's meat! (It’s a primal thing.)

Nothing ticks me off more than a meat thief. (Talk to our cats about that and you'll get an ear full.)

meat thieft is very common in business

its usually the staff, I know because i worked in 2 restaurants .. no wasnt me stealing, I knew the owners and they gave me free meat

But its more than meat, they use to steal the Lobster also .. was mainly Lobster and Steak .. this was way before digital CCTV though ...

Rory

We have just completed an installation in the largest freezer in Europe (its massive). We used cameras from Extreme and their advice & service was excellent. As long as you budget for the special cameras there's np problem, but get your staff some thermals cos its cold work installing.

Extreme told us that Maxwell House coffee use the same cameras as we have where they freeze dry the coffee & its constantly - 50.

which cameras?? Like to know whats watching my coffee beans ... I just thought it was some columbian drug lord

Just did a quote tonight for some extra Extreme cams on an existing job, should be fun, includes the Ex27s ... and maybe their new Day Night Domes .. adding a new 16 channel GE DVR also, they have 16 cams already ..

But it could be a disgruntled vegetarian who hates meat lovers.

maybe its just a big fat rat!

here, ive watched the stray packs of dogs at 5 am jump the wall, grab my garbage and run with it down to road, you can find it the next day all in pieces a mile down the road! The rats arent quite that strong so they just rip the garbage apart where it is ...

They say in London, you're never more than 12 feet away from a rat; serves me right for having such close neighbours

well, at least the rats there dont carry rabies or other tropical deceases

That's true; our home grown rodents only manage good old Wiels disease which causes blindness.

You're far more likely to catch MRSA in a hospital, and that's just as a visitor!

Hmmm, yah dont want to see the hospitals down here then .. he he he ... my first major car accident where my head went through the wind screen, i hitched a ride to the hospital as i knew if id waited for the ambulance I would have died ... as it would have either taken too long, or taken me to the wrong hospital .. the cheap(ER) one where they have nothing that works .. especially the cat scan machine. I know kid thats brain damaged now because they took too long to have the cat scan as it wasnt working, and they didnt treat him until like 24 hours later ... he then had to fly to miami every so often to get treatment ... the hospitals here just dont cut it .. it costs a fortune to stay aline down here .. mosyt people that die from accidents etc, do so from no insurance or the ambulance comes to late, or the hospital doesnt have the right equipment working ..

Dang! You must’ve been a sight hitchhiking with your head all bashed up. Whoever picked you up must’ve been a saint.

Dang! You must’ve been a sight hitchhiking with your head all bashed up. Whoever picked you up must’ve been a saint.

...or the Devil.

yep, and it was 4am in the morning ...!

apparently it was someone that knew my dad from the island ... the other smaller island that is, long island (actually its bigger but anyways ..) .. I was just lucky .. then again, when I got my car back from being fixed, 4 months later, 2 weeks after i got it on the road i got hit by someone doing 100mph+ and they split the car in 2, i had a seat belt on that time and its a righ hand drive, the whole left side was gone .... oh well, bough the jeep after that and been in dept ever since!!!!

Another fine example of a thread gone wild.

It's funny to watch is veer off topic slightly and then just go totally off the map, never to return

We have just completed an installation in the largest freezer in Europe (its massive). We used cameras from Extreme and their advice & service was excellent. As long as you budget for the special cameras there's np problem, but get your staff some thermals cos its cold work installing.

Extreme told us that Maxwell House coffee use the same cameras as we have where they freeze dry the coffee & its constantly - 50.

Which cameras did you install?