Sign in to follow this  
klain80

My router wont recognize my dvr

Im trying to hook up my dvr to see my cameras trough internet. I have a cib dvr which every time i change my ip allocation to DHCP my ip address is 0.0.0.0. Does it mean my router wont give my dvr an ip address?¿ Also in my dvr netwprk setup it says Mac address, and i dont really know what to type, i tried my my local network mac address but it didnt help.... how do i know my dvr mac address¿ Well, im lost i would appreciate some help. Thanks!!!

Im trying to hook up my dvr to see my cameras trough internet. I have a cib dvr which every time i change my ip allocation to DHCP my ip address is 0.0.0.0. Does it mean my router wont give my dvr an ip address?¿ Also in my dvr netwprk setup it says Mac address, and i dont really know what to type, i tried my my local network mac address but it didnt help.... how do i know my dvr mac address¿ Well, im lost i would appreciate some help. Thanks!!!

Hi Klain

There are a couple of things to check here - does your router normally give out IP Addresses? You can check your laptop to see if you have an address allocated by the router or a static by going to command prompt and typing cmd and then ipconfig in the black window. If you are on a MAC then someone else may be able to help.

The MAC address is not normally something which is set by you - it should be a unique address which is set by the manufacturer. If you have somehow overwritten yours it is possible the information is contained on a sticker on the unit.

I suspect the MAC is a red herring though and either your router isnt giving out addresses or your router only gives certain devices addresses (probably by looking if the MAC address of the requesting device is in it's table).

I hope some of that helps!

assuming you are behind a router, just enter a static ip into the dvr. port forward the correct ports from DVR to the IP you just specified on the DVR.

It could mean that your ISP is not recognizing the router because of the changed MAC address. You may need to manually configure the mac address.

Maybe you have a bad ethernet cable.

im having the same problem but the difference is my dvr does send a IP to the web browsers but not to the router, you see i can not see the dvr at all on my router using my ISPs web gui, how ever when i type the address of the router in i get a login window to the dvr, on my iPhone i can see cameras, i can even see the DVR ip address on my computers remote desktop application ( i use apple stuff) but when it comes to the internet my ISP,s cabletv webGUI does not show anything other then the cable TV Box connected to my router via Ethernet (LAN), perhaps its the same thing perhaps its not but i thought it would be worth mentioning in case.

im about to contact my ISP about it to ask how i can port forward anything, i dont get to choose a port number with their GUI, i see just a list of applications/games and the list of what shows in their GUI connected to the router LAN or WIFI wise and the DVR is not there while yet on my local network devices it is. wierd

Usually you have to select custom ports or have to manually define a new application to use custom ports that are not on the application list. As for the router not detecting it but you know its on the network you can always assign the rule manually to the DVR IP address.