Sign in to follow this  
akelley

Mobotix DualNight M24 and Dome D24?

Any of the Mobotix resellers here know when the 24 version of the current DualNight M12 and D12 are coming out? Any other new models/products from Mobotix we should be on the lookout for? Really hoping for a D24 soon for an installation I'm doing in about 2 months...

M14 due out December -- I'd say shipping in January 11

lets hope mxcc 3.0 is also out the same time

I also so a shot of the new camio where it had a 3g modem built in and a 4 port poe switch to power 4 cameras -- could be nice - don't know when release for this is

lets hope mxcc 3.0 is also out the same time

I also so a shot of the new camio where it had a 3g modem built in and a 4 port poe switch to power 4 cameras -- could be nice - don't know when release for this is

I wish I could plug a 3G/4G USB directly into the camera!!! But that is nice I hope to see that new CAMIO and I hope 3.0 is easier to use for the end user.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

let hope mxcc 3.0 is also out the same time

Thanks for the update.

Too bad we won't see their updates soon.

I like their concept and pricing but am waiting on their updates or even new cameras (higher MegaPixel)

From what we have been told by Mobotix in the past few weeks:

Mobotix D14 June-July '11 Update to D12 with faster board. Will keep same serial connectivity options as D12

Mobotix M14 Late 2011. Update to M12 with faster board and the ability to change lens in the field allowing more lens combo possibilities.

3 Megapixel will be the standard for foreseeable future as they made a pretty big presentation that any higher in megapixel will not be beneficial given pixel size and noise at lower light. This could be true or could be just marketing hype as their boards may not handle the higher megapixel well.

They are also coming out with a IP65 sealed multi use junction box with poe splitter/ switch and options for a DSLAM based board like their MX2Wire products.

Analytics: A software update for any 24/14 series cameras is coming that will allow for in camera analytics for motion, virtual fences, and some pretty cool trending analysis that will make the q24 a killer solution for retail application customer metrics.

We dont have specifics, but I would keep a watch on mobotix in the near future if you are involved in access control or security systems. Looks like there may be some new products coming that integrate everything via IP and poe that should be pretty interesting.

I wish what I was told a year ago was true that the m14 would be out by 2011 -- looking more like 2012 but i am optimistic that we will see it before year end -- we need a wow factor from mobotix this year as my eye is starting to stray

FYI The Mobotix D14 is shipping June 28th and the D12 is no longer available after this week. T24's in multi colors are coming around the same date as well as the new mounting hardware and info module. Door opener and keypad for T24 are still listed as Q3 2011 so will most likely be august-Sept.

Any update on the release of the M14? We're now into 2012 and as far as I know there hasn't been any new info on the M14 release, if there is going to be one.

Any rumors of any new models coming out, by chance? I would love to see a more low profile model from Mobotix; while the cameras are robust and great for outdoor use, they're just too large for indoor use, especially when you need to be somewhat inconspicuous in their placement.

from what i heard , no M14 before q2 or q3 2012

mobotix is working on a covert model, project code S14 (S for Slim) :

Mobotix revealed that its will be releasing new hardware with an ‘S14’ product name within 2012.

The ‘S’ refers to ‘slim’, hinting at a range which will employ secret surveillance monitoring, and an overall smaller footprint.

Ekerot suggested the industry should expect a range of “flavours” from the S14 family.

The solution will be built on a completely new product board, P3. It is a future-proof board that we hope will take us into the next eight to 10 years, and will allow us to build a whole range of new products on the same hardware

Thanks for the info, lemike41. Where did you get the quote regarding the new S14 platform? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the name Ekerot? Is this someone within Mobotix from which you quoted?

But yes, that is good news about the S14 project. While I don't require "secret" or "covert" surveillance, the lower profile will certainly be useful in many situations for my projects.

Thanks for the links and info. Good stuff. I wonder what price point the S14 will start at.

Have any S14 product prototypes been released to partners for early testing? I realize you wouldn't be able to talk about it, but if so, it might mean that a general product release could actually happen in 2012.

The Mobotitx S14 should be released shortly ~30 days. According to our BDM the price point should be around $1400-1499 MSRP with sensors.

Any idea what lenses will be available for the S14?

Thanks,

Kenny

Edit, I see that there will be a 22mm wide angle lens available. Do you know if the lens/image sensor will have any aiming adjustment or will it be fixed inside the miniature lens unit?

Any idea what lenses will be available for the S14?

Thanks,

Kenny

Edit, I see that there will be a 22mm wide angle lens available. Do you know if the lens/image sensor will have any aiming adjustment or will it be fixed inside the miniature lens unit?

Where are you reading about the 22mm wide angle lens for the S14?

I haven't seen anything official from Mobotix yet, so it could be subject to change. What I found was from visiting the website of the person who posted above me and searching google. Sorry for not posting links, I don't want to violate any forum rules.

If it's against forum policy to post links to a manufacturer site, I apologize in advance (please remove post or let me know and I'll edit the link out).

Here's a PDF from Mobotix outlining new product for 2012.

https://www.mobotix.com/other/file/5032572/mx_NW_News_04-2012_en.pdf

Also, searching Google for "Mobotix S14" returns some sites that even claim to be selling it already (or at least taking orders).

I do find it interesting that on the main Mobotix site there is no mention of the S14 anywhere (or at least easily found). This may mean the S14 is still a ways off from being released. I would like to see the detailed specs however.

Voipmodo, as a Certified Mobotix dealer, care to comment? What's the deal with the S14 and why are some online places claiming to sell it, when Mobotix doesn't even have it listed on their site?

There are S14 units that are out in the wild for demo units with some of the Mobotix Sales reps. We have been told that the S14 should be out sometime in June. We have the S24 currently listed as preorder as normally stocks are limited on release. Pricing is currently set at $1499msrp and street pricemay change slightly at launch.

The best way to think of the S14 is a revamped M12 devkit, with a main controller unit and interchangeable lens options.

There will be two versions of the lens portion, one for L11 or hemispheric, and one for the standard lens 22mm - 135mm. There will be a couple of mounts available "to build" a custom lens choice camera or you can mount the components in your own custom solution. Based on conversation with mobotix, this framework will be the basis for the revised M12 coming out at the end of the year, with it being essentially a custom housing around the S14 components.

This setup makes alot of sense from a strictly Manufacturing and logistics point of view where you are not carrying inventory on cameras that do not sell often with varying lens built in, but are custom configured. This should help future proof some components as well, as new tech comes out, you only need to replace sensors/boards and the lens can stay the same.

Biggest thing we are waiting for from Mobotix is the Partner Program. Its either going to be a plus for resellers, or its going to encourage more grey market sales and end up penalizing partners who play by the rules.