rory

Eclipse Day Night vs Provideo Day Night

I have them both here, provideo costs 3 times the price .. so we will see how they both perform .. im hooking them up in a few minutes .. as its still just getting dark. Ill post the shots here.

Rory

log onto my Iview DVR, camera 1 is the Provideo Dome, which by the way doesnt switch to BW like the Bullet does, but it does have a switch to make it into a BW camera. The Eclipse low res Day Night fixed lens is camera 4 .. it does switch to BW but doesnt have an IR Cut filter.

Camera 3 is the Provideo CVC-320WPS B/W Camera, 0.1 lux ... works well, but we all want more dont we It IS a dark area, thats why I have the BW camera there, and thats why im testing these cameras there to see which of them performs the best. Now to wait until the day time and see how that is.

The provideo was the hardest to install, the eclipse Dome was a breeze, and the Bullet just took 1 screw!

Well, bad news . .wallmounting the Provideo and turning it to the right, it loosened the cable it uses for the power and video from the power board to the camera board ...its like a mini hard Drive cable ... just clips in though, had some kind of green glue but that was useless as it came right off. Bad design on that part. Screw down like the GE would have been much better, now im using the clear caulk to see both of the ends back as those little clips broke easily. Anyway, video went dark last night, then when i tried to ajust the auto iris, or thats what the manual said that screw was, thats when the picture went all together. I managed to get it back eentually, but still when i knock the camera it would go again ..so sealing these clips and will see what happens. Maybe that screw labeled as the Auto Iris isnt it after all ..there is another screw also, but its not RED like the manual said .. though from the photo copied image of where the auto iris pot is, it looks more like thats the one .. hard to tell since its so hard to get to, without taking even more screws off ... already got it in pieces as it is .. im getting real tired of DOMEs at this point . ... i guess the important thing is, stay way from wall mounting domes .. WizKid has a great 360 degree gimble, but they only have BW or Color, no low light or Day Night .. well they have a day night but its low-mid res and no IR cut filter.

Oh well, will see what happens ..

Ok then ...arghh, feel like it was 2 hours sleep last night .. well it was!

Anyway, what i did today was quick seal with clear caulk the video/power leads back into the slots so the clips would hold. Wont budge now!

Anyway, put the camera all back together .... well yah know, got left over with a bunch of screws dont know WHAT they are for. .. anwyay the camera moves and adjusts so anyway .. thats all the matters

Stil had the image problem.

Video totally gone now, may need soldering of the AI screw, if in fact that is what it is, may just send it back...

Didnt get a chance to see the Eclipse Dome in the day as I disconnected it 7am this morn,but will hook it up in a little, ill move it probably. where there is more light ...

Edited by Guest

Check out Nuvico. http://www.nuvico.com/product_images/NVCC-HVD.revised.pdf

Day/Night, High Res, IR Cutfilter and 360 degree gimble.

Yeah but I cant get it in Miami .. Its got to be something I can get my hands on quick, Provideo, GE, Sanyo, etc, can get them in 2 days at the most. Not to mention if I buy from LA or somewhere up north, time as shipping here I may as well buy the SAnyo from Miami ..

update on provideo dome:

I still dont know what is the auto iris pot though and we arent going near that on the ones that are working great. My colleague said he will fix that sometime as he has the tools.

As for the wall mount, turning it, and the video/power cable lead. The only way to do it so it doesnt snap out of the clips, is to push the cable down so it snaps out of the camera board metal encosure, then when you turn it to the left or right, you have to also push the cable in so it doesnt pull, other wise it clips on the metal and pulls out of the clip. But this way it works and I can wall mount and turn it to the left and right with no problem.

Basically I installed 9 of them yesterday & today. We switched out a bunch of JVC Box cameras that were in Pelco housings at a security gate. They kept getting knocked out of whack as they have to be mounted low to catch the cars and drivers, staff etc entering the Gated Community. So the Domes were perfect for this. Wall mounted with the camera leads inside the actual camera base. This is the difficult part though, as far as focusing goes, but we figured out a way to do it by pushing the cable out the bottom hole, screwing the front of the dome back in place with 1 temp screw, then focusing. This way no Gang boxes were needed, though for sure they would have been prefered and I couldnt have recommended them enough ... but it looks really good this way. There was plenty space in the base for the cameras cable without having to cut it shorter.

As for night time, we are going up tomorrow evening to adjust and focus before it gets dark, and adjust for night time when it gets dark. Will know then.