megapixel man

Workstation Viewing of Multiple H.264 MP Cameras

I'm interested to hear of peoples experience of streaming multiple numbers of 3Megapixel + H.264 cameras to a client workstation. Say 30+ over multiple monitors.

Have you experienced any limitations on the number of these cameras that can be displayed similtaneously?

If you have only 1 stream per camera, this can be difficult... For example, I'm always try to use "big megapixel" H264 at not higher, than 5 fps for recording, and 12-25 fps JPEG with smaller resolution for live monitoring

Of course, surveillance software should support dual streams from cameras

Also, good idea is to use not one workstation with multiple monitors, but "virtual matrix" solution, with small, silent, not very powerful industrial PC per monitor, than one powerful PC per 4 monitors, as example...

Of course, surveillance software should support "virtual matrix" functionality

I posted this in a different thread but i will do it again. This is not a problem with Exacq. I have tested 96 on 2 monitors with a Q6600 and a high-end gaming Nvideo video card.

Here is a video with 4 monitors with Exacq it all comes down to the video card.

If you have only 1 stream per camera, this can be difficult... For example, I'm always try to use "big megapixel" H264 at not higher, than 5 fps for recording, and 12-25 fps JPEG with smaller resolution for live monitoring

Of course, surveillance software should support dual streams from cameras

Also, good idea is to use not one workstation with multiple monitors, but "virtual matrix" solution, with small, silent, not very powerful industrial PC per monitor, than one powerful PC per 4 monitors, as example...

What software do u use ?

Thx

I posted this in a different thread but i will do it again. This is not a problem with Exacq. I have tested 96 on 2 monitors with a Q6600 and a high-end gaming Nvideo video card.

Sorry Wireguys, I meant with all cameras being Megapixel and 3MP +. What exacq is doing in that video is doable on most good VMS.

I have done a 16 monitor control room with only 2 workstations, 8 1920x1080 monitors on each (6x 24" and 2x 52"), workstations had 2x Quad Head nVidia Cards and Dual Quad Core Xeon 3.2Ghz. And this system has over 250+ Cameras, very large MP resolutions, but non H.264.

I have been speaking to some industry friends that have done some large number 5 Megapixel H.264 installs and they have been saying that they are limited in the number of cameras that they can stream to the workstation for live viewing. Just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this.

Thats a nice feature to have but in general a vast majority of CCTV applications dont call for more than one monitor, so it should be an add on for special applications, to keep the cost down on the software for the standard jobs.

Sorry Wireguys, I meant with all cameras being Megapixel and 3MP +. What exacq is doing in that video is doable on most good VMS.

I have done a 16 monitor control room with only 2 workstations, 8 1920x1080 monitors on each (6x 24" and 2x 52"), workstations had 2x Quad Head nVidia Cards and Dual Quad Core Xeon 3.2Ghz. And this system has over 250+ Cameras, very large MP resolutions, but non H.264.

I have been speaking to some industry friends that have done some large number 5 Megapixel H.264 installs and they have been saying that they are limited in the number of cameras that they can stream to the workstation for live viewing. Just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this.

I just tested Exacq on 2 monitors with 96 cameras. 50 of them where various MP from 720P to 5MP from different manufactures with h.264. You will not have a problem with 30+ on one machine with Exacq. What cameras do you plan on using?

Below is an Exacq case study with a 19 monitor video wall with 87 Stardot MP cameras. You might find it intresting

http://www.exacq.com/blog/2010/04/08/heavy-metal-protection-an-installer-case-study/

I just tested Exacq on 2 monitors with 96 cameras. 50 of them where various MP from 720P to 5MP from different manufactures with h.264. You will not have a problem with 30+ on one machine with Exacq. What cameras do you plan on using?

Below is an Exacq case study with a 19 monitor video wall with 87 Stardot MP cameras. You might find it intresting

http://www.exacq.com/blog/2010/04/08/heavy-metal-protection-an-installer-case-study/

thnx,

Looks like they limited the workstations to around 2 monitors only in that case study, as they used 5x Dell Precissions to run the video wall.