tlavite

Bosch Autodome LTC 0728/20 control help!

Okay i am new to the forum but very familiar with CCTV. I have installed my own CCTV system around my house it consists of 11 professional CCTV cameras. I bought all of my equipment on ebay for about $1,000 used. My whole system totals to around 9,000 brand new. It is pretty much a big hobby for me.... Well i have a Pelco MPT9500 PTZ controller and a Pelco Spectra 2 PTZ which works great. I just recently received a Bosch LTC 0728/20 PTZ camera on ebay. The camera is a rs-232 camera. I can not for the life of me get this camera to do anything... When it is given power the red LED indicates the camera has power but it never initializes i assume this is because i can not control this camera with Rs-485. I was wondering if there are any easy alternatives to control this Bosch PTZ. It looks like a very nice camera and would love to get it added to my working collection.

Anyway thanks guy!

Heres a Rundown of my system

1 Pelco Spectra 2 PTZ

1 Bosch PTZ

1 Bosch Dinion B&W

5 Sony Digital CCTV cameras

2 Sensormatics

1 Clinton

1 Costar

1 Pelco vandal proof fixed dome

5 Ultrak outdoor housings with heaters and blowers

1 Pelco MPT9500 PTZ controller

1 Altronix 20 amp 24-30V AC 16Ch power supply

The worst part about my system is the generic CCTV DVR software and the older computer running it all but it does a great job.

Well i have a Pelco MPT9500 PTZ controller and a Pelco Spectra 2 PTZ which works great. I just recently received a Bosch LTC 0728/20 PTZ camera on ebay. The camera is a rs-232 camera. I can not for the life of me get this camera to do anything... When it is given power the red LED indicates the camera has power but it never initializes i assume this is because i can not control this camera with Rs-485.

Thats not true. Old Bosch cameras mostly controlled with Biphase protocol.

You just need protocol converter, like this:

http://www.sennetech.net/sct100page.html

I read somewhere on here that you can control the Bosch camera with rs-422 connected to the biphase connections... is this true? will i at least get basic camera controls such as PTZ? Also do you happen to know how much one of them converts runs on the website you linked me to... i hate to call them and waste there time if there really expensive.

I read somewhere on here that you can control the Bosch camera with rs-422 connected to the biphase connections... is this true? will i at least get basic camera controls such as PTZ? Also do you happen to know how much one of them converts runs on the website you linked me to... i hate to call them and waste there time if there really expensive.

Yes, thats true. RS422 is not the same physical layer, than Biphase (this is not only protocol description, physical layer of Biphase protocol is near Ethernet, with transformers on each side, no any voltage, when PTZ control signal is not present ), but it is possible to transmit Biphase physical layer signal via RS422 link (I'm use optical video converters to transmit Biphase over RS422 physical layer via that converters). But this is not protocol description! Biphase PTZ control data is different, than Pelco D or P protocol.

I'm use converters from this supplier, and have no problems, but never use Pelco RS422 (P or D protocol), to Bosch Biphase, but, i thing on my experience with this company products, everything should be OK.

So in other words i cant control my bosch PTZ with the Pelco controller through rs-422 without having the protocol converter.. Im just wondering if there is a way to wire the rs-422 output directly to the bi-phase input.

Also on Bosch autodomes when they get power the RED LED lights up on the diagnostics board but not the green one. The red indicates AC power but i never get the green LED and i never get a video output. Does that stuff only happen once the camera initializes with a controller? The autodome also has a built in test "joystick" button to control the camera but that does nothing also.

Also on Bosch autodomes when they get power the RED LED lights up on the diagnostics board but not the green one. The red indicates AC power but i never get the green LED and i never get a video output. Does that stuff only happen once the camera initializes with a controller? The autodome also has a built in test "joystick" button to control the camera but that does nothing also.

Oldest Bosh domes works only if dome enclosure is covered with lower dome "glass". Try to find the switch

Oldest Bosh domes works only if dome enclosure is covered with lower dome "glass". Try to find the switch

Really?! I never thought of that. Ill give it a try and see if it powers up. I don't think mine has a switch though since it has an internal diagnostics board with a built in tiny joystick for testing the camera. You can only get to it with the dome removed. But ill give it a try because it is an older Bosch dome.

Really?! I never thought of that. Ill give it a try and see if it powers up. I don't think mine has a switch though since it has an internal diagnostics board with a built in tiny joystick for testing the camera. You can only get to it with the dome removed. But ill give it a try because it is an older Bosch dome.

Ant this is not "tiny joystick". This is just button. If you set dome address switch to 1, then, when push this button, dome moves right, 2 - left, 3 - up... etc. I'm not remember all commands, but only principle, how this test work....

G3 dome - it should go trough a homing sequence.

Do you get video? How many dip switches are up top under the cap? 4 or 8? if its 8, probably doesnt do 485.

Dip switch 2 did the 232 or 485 selection, but I can tell you that the 485 wasnt as reliable and ready until the later years of making it.

Look for a date code or if you do get video, check the firmware on the video - should pop up.

Although, my first thoughts are that if your dome is not moving, probably does not work properly.

Control of the older models can be done using plain RS232 by wiring the RS232 pins on the camera to a standard 9pin serial cable.

Pin 4 (RS232 ground) on the camera = Pin 5 on a DB9 serial port connector

Pin 5 (RS232 TX) on the camera = Pin 2 (Receive Data) on a DB9

Pin 6 (RS232 RX) on the camera = Pin 3 (Transmit Data) on a DB9

I have not tried this (yet), but since RS232 is functional from the camera, I would expect you could use an inexpensive RS232 to RS485 adapter at the camera to achieve an RS485 connection.