imweasel

Need help with an avi video...

I just got a video in avi that was compiled using the O263 codec, according to GSpot and VideoInspector. I have no idea what system this came off of.

Need help finding this codec to play back in media player (classic or windows) or a player that will play it back period.

I have tried:

Klite mega pack 6.4.4

media.player.codec.pack.v3.9.6

XP-Codec-Pack-2.5.1

W.E.C.P.Codec.Package.Setup.3.01

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

First post even!

Thanks for the quick reply. I googled and dl'ed 2 different ffdshow codec packs:

ffdshow-rev3611_20101006_clsid.exe and another that uses installq install utility that wanted to also load a bunch of bloatware.

Neither one worked.

I have been uninstalling the previous codec pack prior to loading the new ones.

Can you put this video up for download? This video uses a proprietary codec from a dvr. You could download video codecs from some common manufacturers and see if that works. Some dvr's use a proprietary codec and some do not.

I seem to be having a similar problem to this, I have been advised to simply rename the .264 extension to .avi and it should work. I have done this and some of my video's will play and some won't.

I have tried to upload one of the video's that won't play but the .avi & .264 file extension are not allowed!

I am also trying to create a dvd video of the avi's using adobe premiere pro but the program keeps crashing when exporting the movie at the same point everytime, indicating that there is an issue with the avi. I have tried imputting the avi's that I can view into windows movie maker & nero DVD creator but none of the files will import - I get an error message stating the codec is missing.

Any help with getting the codec or a file converter for this would be gratefully appreciated

Can you put this video up for download? This video uses a proprietary codec from a dvr. You could download video codecs from some common manufacturers and see if that works. Some dvr's use a proprietary codec and some do not.

No can do.

Is there any way I can find a O263 codec? If it's proprietary, I think the game is up.

I will see if I can find the make and system that recorded this and do some further research.

Try opening the videos with VirtualDUB and then save it again under a different file name. If it works without crashing VirtualDUB, then you can import the resulting video files to Adobe Premier and do your compilations there successfully.

Be sure to select an appropriate compression codec in VirtualDUB otherwise you will end up with one super LARGE video uncompressed when saving with VirtualDUB

An alternative method you can use, but time consuming since its done in real time, is to use a screen capture video software, like CamStudio which is freeware, to video screen capture the videos as you play them back, select your desiged FPS (frame per second) for CamStudio, codec and quality) then you will have a good copy of a video you can use for adobe premier.

Oh,guym I never heard about a 0263 codec file? I just know the h264 files, that's maybe a high quality video file, and AVI is a media container which can be encode/decode as many video files, such as DIVX, xvid etc, files, so there'a no media players can play all the AVI files, Somaybe you can try the VLC player, I used it within my computer...But I don't know if it could help you, but itd free, you can have a try.

One day... all DVR and camera manufacturers will sit down together and say

Wouldn't it be nice if things... just... worked?!

And then they'll all use the same codec!

I don't think I'll be alive to see it

nah as long as there are engineers people will be trying to make things better and therefore doing things different.