Noddy

Problem with NV500 after upgrade to new PC

I wonder if anyone would be so grateful to help with an issues that I am having ?

I have just upgraded my PC from a 5 year old P4 running a 128MB graphics card and XP pro to a new systems with the following specs :

Dell Vostro 230

Intel Core Duo E7500 2.93GHz

3.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 310 512MB

Windows 7 Home premium

NV5000 DVR Version 7.7.0.0055

8 channels (using 6 analog and 1 IP cameras )

Dell 1704fpv monitor running at 1280 x 1024

Everything went well with the upgrade apart from one issue, the system runs fine in full screen mode (showing 9 channels) but when I click to look at one camera in fullscreen I get a flashing image of that camera on only half the screen. It is the same while trying to play recorded video with one camera in full screen mode, it works fine with one camera not in full screen, this worked fine on the old system and I found it strange to be having this problem with such a new system.

On the advice on avermedia support (who have been very helpful) I did the following :

the video card driver that was installed was the MS driver 8.16.11.9111 (10/26/2009) I updated the driver to the latest NVIDIA driver 258.96 (2010.07.19) and it did not help with the full screen one camera problem. In fact when I was in full screen 9 camera mode with the new driver it caused some of the windows to be jittery and jump. I rolled back to the old driver and that problem stopped.

I spoke to Avermedia again and they suggested that change the resolution to 1024 x 768 and although this did not stop the "flashing" the flashing picture does now fit the whole screen I did reinstall the latest NVIDIA drivers and in full screen 9 camera mode at the new resolution (1024x768) the jittering has stopped but the flashing is still there in one camera full screen.

Also I don't know if it is relevant but the flashing picture only happens in full screen one camera mode on the analog cameras, with the one IP camera that I have on the system I just get a blank screen no flashing , no picture, before the upgrade this was never a problem. I'm just wondering why lower the resolution, is it because the screen is 4:3 and the cameras are only 525 lines ? I thought the max resolution was always the way to go

Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for the long post.

Try to disable DirectDraw (there is a button)

I,m sorry, wrong advise.

It works on Remote Console.

Try to disable DirectDraw (there is a button)

I,m sorry, wrong advise.

It works on Remote Console.

Thanks for taking the time to read

stupid question, I know... but are you sure you have your monitor plugged into nvidia graphics card, and not accidently into the integrated one on the pc's motherboard?

Also, make sure you have the latest bios update on that vostro motherboard. I've seen some real quirky stuff happen on Vostros and that was the fix...

The last possibility is the power supply is under powered... if you're using a graphics card, capture cards and other pci/pci-e devices, lots of usb acessories, hdds and optical drives... a stock psu could be struggling to keep up. However I would think that you'd be experiencing additional issues other than what you're having. Frequent crashes, etc