jeromephone

problem with everfocus cameras

I have about 50 everfocus ed300 cameras in a large facility I have had many failures and have a continuing struggle with the camera blueing out.

I read somewhere that going to a 24vac camera would help this problem I have turned on BLC and it seemed to help a great deal.

thanks

problems I have had in the past with at least the cheaper 12VDC domes, was changing lighting colors .. normally could just be because it is a cheap camera, doent have a great electronic iris. But if you are going to upgrade perhaps get a 24VAC one time to be certain. Or at least get one to try it in the same location.

As for failure rate, its because it is Everfocus, sorry.

I would never use Everfocus nor Nuvico on a Pro job. You are asking for trouble.

Which Nuvico cameras have you used and what were the problems?

I would never use Everfocus nor Nuvico on a Pro job. You are asking for trouble.

waiting....

waiting....

They are not camera companies for professional installs (for us). Most times, when a job is spec'd out, the contract will have Pelco, Ganz, Sanyo, Sony, or Panasonic. I have yet to see a Nuvico nor an Everfocus on any sheet. When a contract calls for a recommendation, we go with the best and quite frankly, it doesn't include Nuvico nor Everfocus.

I guess if you are doing a Gas Station or a Mom and Pop store, Nuvico or Everfocus would be top of the line. I don't mean to come across ****y, but we just do not deal with those types of installs. We wouldn't consider these Professional installs. Pelco (PTZ/domes) is a superior product with superior tech support and would put them up against any company, pound for pound. As far as indoor domes (fixed) it's Ganz or Panasonic, depending on the budget.

We also do not use IR Cameras (IR Lighting) on Pro Installs. There needs to be Professional lighting on the subject/area (not our responsibility) but we consult on this. I have yet to encounter a site where lighting can not be controlled. There are so many “so-calledâ€

AMEN....the true words have been sppken...i agree completely.

the one time that due to poor lighting and cheap cameras that some axe swinging redneck sneaks by and mauls your family or robs you of your safe, that extra few thousand dollars you tried to save all of a sudden starts to look more attractive.

scottj

We also do not use IR Cameras (IR Lighting) on Pro Installs. There needs to be Professional lighting on the subject/area (not our responsibility) but we consult on this. I have yet to encounter a site where lighting can not be controlled.

Except when you dealing with luxury homes where the clients dont want addional yard lighting.

I guess if you are doing a Gas Station or a Mom and Pop store, Nuvico or Everfocus would be top of the line. I don't mean to come across ****y, but we just do not deal with those types of installs. We wouldn't consider these Professional installs.

Actually, a Professional install is one that is done by a professional in the industry, regardless of the product used. What you are talking about are Budget jobs, low end. Every professional has to deal with those also, they are the bread and butter, while the other high end jobs are not an everyday occurence. Budget installs can be as much as 5 a day. The problem arises when the installer does not know enough to be able to explain the client the difference between a cheap camera and a more expensive one, what camera to use in what location, and what system to use. In other words, they just through anything in and make a mess of it, and then that is not professional.

Except when you dealing with luxury homes where the clients dont want addional yard lighting.

Then we are not the company for them. Let someone else get sued.

Actually, a Professional install is one that is done by a professional in the industry, regardless of the product used. What you are talking about are Budget jobs, low end. Every professional has to deal with those also, they are the bread and butter, while the other high end jobs are not an everyday occurence. Budget installs can be as much as 5 a day. The problem arises when the installer does not know enough to be able to explain the client the difference between a cheap camera and a more expensive one, what camera to use in what location, and what system to use. In other words, they just through anything in and make a mess of it, and then that is not professional.

I am sorry, we do not do budget and a "Professional Installer" does not compromise, otherwise, he wouldn't be called a Pro. It's like when we see a twist-on, right away it was done by a homeowner or someone looking to save a buck. Sometimes we do projects "on the cheap" but has nothing to do with quality. When I mean "on the cheap", it means we will do it cheap (labor-wise) only because there is a bigger project we are after and will re-coop.

Im glad you can get all the "big" jobs, but in the real world that doesnt work.

Its nothing to do with comprimising, its to do with what the client can afford.

And like I said, a Professional "Installer" is someone that "Installs" for a living, and installs it correctly. Its got nothing to do with the product used.

Have you tried the Extreme CCTV gear? It is being used by the US military, NATO, All over the UK, so Im sure it is very professional.

Simple question: do you own your own company, or do you work on Salary?

And as soon as I see a crimp on, I pull it to make sure it was put on properly, 99% of the time it wasnt and comes right off.

When you are in the business for a living, you cant turn down those small jobs. Especially when CCTV is all you do, and most clients dont see CCTV as a priority. I deal with High End, Mid End, and Low end. Have to pay the bills.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=professional

Well I am sort of in the middle here I like to think we do quality work and we are fanatics about customer support. I don't want to sell anything that is going to cause callbacks but one cannot always tell from specks etc what you are really going to get. We have also run into situtations where the headend equipment room is very ill suited to house quipment and the job looks crappy trying to jam all the equipment in a limited space.

Yeah, know what you mean.

If you sell them a stand alone, like the GE, etc, embedded RTOS, then less likely to have to go back for DVR related issues. I have some Kalatel DVRs (now GE) from 4 years ago ive never been back to, and I check once in a while to see that they are still online is all. They dont have the PC features but they are workhorses, and can be much more neatly installed than a PC system. There are also other RTOS DVRs such as Bosch, Sanyo, Pano, WebGate, etc.

Ofcourse no service needed on those systems, havent had to go back, means no recurring money .. hence the move to the PCs Not a huge calling for CCTV in this country, so I have to take what I can get .. since its my only business.

As for cameras, never rely 100% on specs, nor what your distributor tells you - always test it first to make sure, especially if you are going to install alot of them. Or look here in the camera section as there may already be some reviews from real world installs... The big name brands normally will be better products, than the low end OEM companies .. though you can get lucky sometimes on the OEM stuff, just have to be willing to spend a little or take a chance on some smaller jobs like give the client the camera at cost so you can just test it out. Thats how Ive gotten to test so many products without dishing out a fortune. The client is always happy either way.

Personally I prefer the higher end products. Just selling them for 4 years was not getting enough work, now the slump is finally over as Im offering varying levels of products.

Rory

Have you tried the Extreme CCTV gear? It is being used by the US military, NATO, All over the UK, so Im sure it is very professional.

Nope, never used these on a government installation. USA?

Yes, USA. Everywhere. But they are the real high end, they go beyind PTZ and DVRs, the cost goes up 10 fold.