yes, had a play with one already, very nice. They come in 4 different form factors in both and 720p and 1080p, fully ONVIF compliant.
How did the zoom work? Does it need refocusing when you zoom in or does it work like a ptz?

Sony's DH140 is quite nice but the zoom function is only usable when installing.

I found no samples of video/still images on their web site. The linked images are for their 5 MP cameras and up. Any of you have tested it in the field?

I think there are going to be a ton of such cameras, using commodity 1080p encoders which are being used in everything from point and shoot cameras to phones. That should bring down the cost of this performance level.

yes, had a play with one already, very nice. They come in 4 different form factors in both and 720p and 1080p, fully ONVIF compliant.
How did the zoom work? Does it need refocusing when you zoom in or does it work like a ptz?

Sony's DH140 is quite nice but the zoom function is only usable when installing.

Software driven optical zoom and auto focus are for set up only.

I found no samples of video/still images on their web site. The linked images are for their 5 MP cameras and up. Any of you have tested it in the field?

I think there are going to be a ton of such cameras, using commodity 1080p encoders which are being used in everything from point and shoot cameras to phones. That should bring down the cost of this performance level.

Amirm, there is a tradeshow sample video clip available for download in the partner section of the web site.

From the cut sheet:

"An integrated fully motorized lens provides remote zoom and focus for easy installation and unsurpassed image quality."

That is disappointing you can't use the zoom and focus for full use. I just emailed them for more info and to find out what it takes to become a dealer. I really like the software so I can't what to hear back from them.

Edited by Guest

Usually, but Axis Q1755 works like a PTZ. It has a "gatekeeper" function so that it can zoom in when activity occurs in a certain area.

The Panasonic 502 has separate settings for the day and night auto back focus. Does the new Avigilon HD have one focus setting or two?

Best,

Christopher

The Panasonic 502 has separate settings for the day and night auto back focus. Does the new Avigilon HD have one focus setting or two?

According to the marketing information, the lenses are IR corrected. Nice!

Best,

Christopher

I spoke with the Rep yesterday and he said you can change the zoom from the setup menu but not in the client software. Don't know why they do let you do it from the client software like a PTZ. I have my meeting with Avigilon on Monday so I will have more info and hopefully become a dealer.

Don't know why they do let you do it from the client software like a PTZ.

The auto focus is likely slow and may require a static scene, which would probably not meet customer expectations if they made it available as a feature.

Best,

Christopher

I wonder if you can with the Axis HD domes?

The Axis Q1755 literature claims support for 10x optical zoom with autofocus.

Best,

Christopher

Don't know why they do let you do it from the client software like a PTZ.

The auto focus is likely slow and may require a static scene, which would probably not meet customer expectations if they made it available as a feature.

Best,

Christopher

May be they have only focus assist

I wonder if you can with the Axis HD domes?

The Axis Q1755 literature claims support for 10x optical zoom with autofocus.

Best,

Christopher

I have used the Q1755 but never the HD domes.

So, where this camera pictures?

Don't know the reason for the delay since the cameras have been officially announced, but they plan to post sample videos on their website in the coming weeks. Sample videos are available for registered dealers and installers, so if you have an Avigilon account, you should be able to view them now.

Best,

Christopher

These Avigilon cameras are ONVIF compliant and in theory should work with the next release of Exacq Vision which is due to be released any week now. Any word yet on whether Exacq has specifically tested these cameras for compatibility?

Best,

Christopher

I checked the sample of the H.264. It looks good. It is from a tradeshow and the image is as good as one would expect. It is always hard to compare images from different scenes and cameras but it appears to be more crisp than for example the 'old' 5 Mpix. I compared the sample from the 5mpix at the foodcourt but the lighting is very much different so I can't really tell. I haven't yet seen the pricelist that will be effective of Oct 25. Probably about the same as Axis Q1755 or a little lower. I'm not sure about the zoom function, if it works like the Q1755 or not. Otherwise I guess it'll be in the Sony CH/DH240 price span.