fcaw11

Higher resolution than D1 recording?

With analog video... doubt you'll find anything. Any higher vertical resolution goes beyond the practical limits of analog video itself, so there would be little call for it.

If you're not using any analog cameras, look up "NVR" rather than "DVR" - there are lots of options out there. You can roll your own using software like NUUO or Exacq, or you can look at network storage systems with dedicated NVR functionality like Synology or QNAP.

Are there any stand alone DVRs that record higher then D1 resolution?

Yes, you can connect 2-8 HD IP cameras to our EM-DVR. The playback resolution can be 720P. I am serious. However, it's a little expensive.

Wow, a whole 720P?

That's still less than a megapixel. There are dozens of systems that support megapixel IP cameras up to 16MP or more. I am serious too.

Next?

Wow, a whole 720P?

That's still less than a megapixel. There are dozens of systems that support megapixel IP cameras up to 16MP or more. I am serious too.

Next?

I was talking about stand alone DVR. Fcw11 was looking for stand alone DVRs record higher than D1. I only wanted to offer him a choice.

In some situation, one can't use a PC to install software, he can only use an EM-DVR. That's why IP cameras are supported in some new products. But I think 16MP is useless here. Not always the higher, the better.

Wow, a whole 720P?

Next?

I was talking about stand alone DVR.

So was I.