mahmoud.auf

Remote viewing Samsung Software

I have installed 4 Samsung network cameras SND-1010 & I want to view them remotely from Net I Ware software my question is do I have to port forward each of the four cameras or I just only port forward the software as it has the ability to be remote viewed.The software is installed on a PC that is in the site of the Cameras all I need is to access the software as all the cameras are registered in it.

Do u use any video surveillance software?If so,I think it's very simple.U just get an IP address,log on user name and password(provide by the software supplier).Then u can monitor real time,see the play-back videos.

Yes I am using Samsung Net I Ware which is a recording software & I have made the DDNS service but I think that the problem is with the port forwarding part although I have port forwarded the ports of the software which is from 8000 to 8004

I dont know the software or the cameras in question, but make sure the Windows firewall either has the ports open in that or is disabled. Make sure you can connect locally to those ports, from a Windows XP machine on the same local network, goto start, run, type CMD, then type telnet IP PORT and hit enter .. where the IP is the NVR's IP and the port is one of the 8000-8004 ports. A blank screen means its connected (sometimes with some characters), if it says cannot connect then there is an issue, perhaps the ports are not correct, or the firewall is blocking them. Once you have it working locally then port forward to the IP and the ports and test with something like this:

http://www.websitepulse.com/help/gadgets.server-test.html

I have insured that the ports are opened and the command give me a blanck screen at the port of the software but still I can't access the software

Ok so those ports are definately open and going to a server.

Next is to find out why the software wont connect.

Does it give any user/password error?

Ok so those ports are definately open and going to a server.

Next is to find out why the software wont connect.

Does it give any user/password error?

no id doesn't give me anything

I can't also access it locally even when I type 192.168.1.2:8003 or 127.0.0.1:8003

the ip address of the pc installed on it the software & the port number of the software

There is no anystart button even when I check the DDNS service it gives me a message that the test is completed

I have attached snapshots from the software

1818145264_samsungsoftware1.thumb.JPG.55886513e7dea7ac29f2c97e1cbb97e1.JPG

1206532275_samsungsoftware2.thumb.JPG.bf85a7d497e0af2dd7549c61881bfed2.JPG

ok so forget remotely for right now, locally can you connect to any of the ports using telnet or another program from another PC on the network?

If not, are you sure the Windows firewall or another firewall is not blocking the ports or server?

I see you have Nortons AND McAfee on there. Nortons might be the culprit but also make sure the Windows firewall is disabled or the ports are opened in it - nortons will normally take over that area and use its own firewall though.

ok so forget remotely for right now, locally can you connect to any of the ports using telnet or another program from another PC on the network?

If not, are you sure the Windows firewall or another firewall is not blocking the ports or server?

I see you have Nortons AND McAfee on there. Nortons might be the culprit but also make sure the Windows firewall is disabled or the ports are opened in it - nortons will normally take over that area and use its own firewall though.

I have disabled the firewall and the antivirus but nothing changed so I have an idea if you could install it your PC as you seem that you are professional so please try to help because my customers will kill me

Ok i installed the 2 HUGE programs here, the server, and the live viewer.

Seems there is no web browser access so have to use their Live Viewer.

The port used is 8000, or the first in the list of ports in the server network setup.

Ofcourse I had no cameras to add to it or anything so just going by what I could do.

Install the LiveViewer, run the setup tool and add a device.

See images below. As im on the local network I used auto and it found the software as that model, tried entering manually also and that was the only model it would connect to - I guess that is the free version of the software, 4 cameras max. Or you could connect directly to the IP cameras also using their model types and IPs and Ports.

Also I port forwarded 8000-8004 to my local IP and I can connect using my DynDns address instead of the local IP. I tested that port 8000 can be connected from outside also, 8001, 8002, and 8003 also, but 8004 is never open. Those ports also added to Windows firewall. Didnt get a chance to test the actual software from outside though.

samsung1.jpg.8de0df50d9348069509799626a2fe38a.jpg

samsung2.jpg.45ec960f23a1532923661bd2b65d2ed1.jpg

samsung4.jpg.6732b29d261ac59d79c833d3621075ea.jpg

Got it straight? yeah no idea about the 0.0.0.0, but you'd need to ue the IP of your PC.