Sign in to follow this  
jwgesshoo

Help With Old Hardware

My friend's mom is district manager for a small chain of stores where I live. She got the security system out of one of the stores when they upgraded. It's a SSC14WEBM and also I have a CDR4170. They were used in a series to record from the standalone unit as far as I know. The SSC14WEBM and cameras use RJ11 and the CDR4170 uses coax. The SSC14WEBM seems to be garbage. When you turn it on, a red light comes on inside the casing of the interior motherboard. Also the power button only stays green as long as you hold the button down. I don't know what's wrong with it. If anyone can point out the problem with that I would be extremely grateful.

But my real question is this...

How can I interface the RJ11 cameras with the CDR4170 with little or no money? If you need any more information or anything else I can do to help with anything let me know.

Thanks, Jwgesshoo.

If you have info on the pin-out for the camera, the I can see if the MACE CVCRJ11A will work to adapt the RJ11 to the outputs you need.

Depends on the pin-out for that samsung camera though. If the pin-out isn't the same it won't work without some modification.

To be honest though, thats a very low end system with low-end cameras - and as everyone on here will tell you - you get what you pay for. Spending some money on some real cameras will probably pay off.

Alright. Here's the pinout.

1 SPEAKER (+)

2 VIDEO_OUT

3 GND

4 SPEAKER (-)

5 AUDIO_OUT/ALARM_OUT

6 12V DC

I know the best thing to do would be buy some cameras. And as much as I'd love to, I'm broke. I got these cameras for free and I've had a little experience with security equipment so I thought I'd play around with it some. I find it very interesting. I was actually talking to my friend about opening our own security company in the future. I was thinking about the circuits for some of this surveillance equipment and it's all pretty straight forward.

Sorry about that. For some reason I missed your first response.

I just shot this to my Techs and the MACE CVCRJ11A doesn't match up. If your willing to modify, then we can make this work... but I think thats a bit of a hassle for a low-end system like this.

Just shot a PM to you.