rory

Provideo New DVR

The last/only Speco DVR was such a piece of #$%^& that I would not touch it. Felt i got serously ripped of. I don't think their pricing is in the line for what they sell.

BTW Tried KT&C's IR bullet cameras last week. Beutiful looking cameras! Putting in another 4 tomorrow, no IR.

Keep you posted

yeah but doesnt this one look very familiar?

I agree their DVRs are normall POS's but if this is the one Im thinking of ... could be a switch for them .. by the way I just found out their CVC-637EX has gone from a low light color camera, to a color only camera .. in other words though it sais Day Night on the box .. it is not really .. will keep posted what they say in my response, which was long ..!

I still love some of their other cameras though

Thanks loop, where yah been?? Loop to the rescue

Its not the one I was thinking about but Ill take a closer look ..

Rory

I bought this as my first DVR about a month ago, having no experience in CCTV or networking whatsoever. Attached 3 (so far) CVC 7706DNV day/night/ir cameras to it. Looking for a good PTZ for slot #4.

Did the entire installation myself with the help of a close friend. Also did the networking myself.

This thing works like a charm. The only complaint I have with the installation is the slow speed when I am viewing the cameras remotely from my office. The speed is excruciatingly slow, but that is a function of my upload speeds from my home, having nothing to do with the DVR.

I used tzo.com to get around the dynamic IP issue and have the whole installation, including my router and computer, on a battery backup system as well.

Glenn

Well you're going to need to find a PTZ that it supports. That may not be easy.

Otherwise, only thing I can see an issue with is that it uses MPEG2, while there is a comparable model from Active Tek for less $$ that has Mpeg4 and 4 audio inputs.

Other than that a nice looking model. What type of Softwared does it use?

Here is the direct link ..

http://www.unimo.co.kr/eng/?tmpl=ProductView&lNum=2&mNum=17&sNum=88&pNum=254

Still waiting on more response from Provideo's "engineers" ...

But basically from the tech support this is what I received:

"I actually think that our camera is blowing away the Eclipse because we are viewing a wider area with more light facing into the lens yet our detail resolution is markedly better. Look at the resolution of the Jeep's grille and the palm leaves. One thing that I must admit is that the CVC-637EX is no longer a day/night camera. While the low-light sensitivity remains at an impressive .03 lux we now leave the camera in color throughout its light cycle. This change was made because pf popular demand from our customers who were complaining that the CVC-637EX was going to B/W when there was still plenty of light left for the camera to make a good color picture."

Now .... note that on the box I have here in my hand, and the other 19 of them, it clearly sais DAY NIGHT, and 0.03 lux, and my further reply to them was that it was barely a 1 lux level on the cameras I have here now, they are for a fact, not low light, when the Eclipse 0.5 lux camera is so much brighter at night than them.

I am going to hook it up right now actually, in the same dark location as the other 4 cameras were, and will post an image here of the other 4, and the 637 clip as well, so you can judge for yourself ...

Rory

Thanks for the great info. I just got a CVC-637EX because of the low light, color and low cost. I was going to hook it up tomorrow on a GeoVision 7 home setup.

What do think of the CVC-1700 as a low cost bullet for low light?

I imagine it will be as low light as the bullet in the above image, same lux level and its BW. Though the clarity on their cheaper Bullets were not as good. The other one I have used is their CVC-130R and after that, the lowest Ill go for their bullets is the CVC-325WP which is the above camera, due to the lower quality image from the 130R. Ive also used some other low priced BW Bullets from other brands, and though they are low light, etc, the clarity is the same as the 130R ... but if you are on a very strict budget then its up to you ..

Rory