AVInstaller

Recommendations for residential IP camera setup

This sounds like a great solution. I'll definitely check out this Exacq iphone app.

Exacq has a free lite version that is connected to the Exacq servers and cameras so that you can play with the user interface without making a purchase.

Best,

Christopher

It uses the regular Android browser.

Can't speak to other NVR remote solutions, but Exacq Vision supports both regular browsers (no ActiveX required) and the Exacq Mobile iPhone application (soon to be ported to other platforms), and there is no comparison between using a browser and application. Some have complained on iTunes about the $49 cost for Exacq Mobile and said they would continue to use the Safari browser, but for me, the speed, utility, and ease of use justify the cost. Exacq is aware they need to improve event searches, and once that is developed and released, this app with rock.

So, while it's certainly nice to be able to walk into any hotel lobby or internet cafe and use a vanilla browser without any ActiveX, etc, there are also advantages to a well-designed mobile app that is specifically designed for a task. IMO, a quality NVR should have both.

Best,

Christopher

According to Exaq they can't support yet the use of Mobotix cameras although they said that they were working on a solution. Now in a case that you need and NVR where you have Mobotix cameras and cameras from another manufacturer without internal storage what are you guys using successfully?

It uses the regular Android browser.

Can't speak to other NVR remote solutions, but Exacq Vision supports both regular browsers (no ActiveX required) and the Exacq Mobile iPhone application (soon to be ported to other platforms), and there is no comparison between using a browser and application. Some have complained on iTunes about the $49 cost for Exacq Mobile and said they would continue to use the Safari browser, but for me, the speed, utility, and ease of use justify the cost. Exacq is aware they need to improve event searches, and once that is developed and released, this app with rock.

So, while it's certainly nice to be able to walk into any hotel lobby or internet cafe and use a vanilla browser without any ActiveX, etc, there are also advantages to a well-designed mobile app that is specifically designed for a task. IMO, a quality NVR should have both.

Best,

Christopher

This sounds like a great solution. I'll definitely check out this Exacq iphone app. I think being able to access images from home security systems like http://www.alarm.com/ is the way to go. Is this going to work as an Android app soon as well? That would be great.

Exacq has a Andriod app